Clothing for a Canada cruise

Jeffrey1950

Already booked on the June 30th. sailing from New York to Canada and currently trying to put together a trip to the UK for later this year. My question at this time is about the June 30th. sailing. A thought came to mind today that being as it is going to Canada it may be a little bit cooler at sea (although I have made a sailing there twice before but cannot remember too much about the weather/clothes). What kind of clothes would you suggest please ?

Thank you !! 

We've done a number of Canada cruises out of NYC and I always recommend bringing "a little of everything." The first time we sailed we were in Saint John NB on June 30 and it was cloudy and cool. We needed jackets and slacks. The next day we were in Halifax (Canada Day). It was sunny and close to 80 degrees. Shorts and short-sleeved shirts were in order.

Despite wide-spread beliefs to the contrary, it does get hot in Canada, especially in July/August. It might be a bit cooler at sea (as it usually is), but you're going to be looking at 20C to 30C+ temperatures during the days. It may be a bit cooler at night, and as with most North American locales, indoors tends to be over-air-conditioned, so you'll probably want layers. 

2 hours ago, neeuqdrazil said:

Despite wide-spread beliefs to the contrary, it does get hot in Canada, especially in July/August. It might be a bit cooler at sea (as it usually is), but you're going to be looking at 20C to 30C+ temperatures during the days. It may be a bit cooler at night, and as with most North American locales, indoors tends to be over-air-conditioned, so you'll probably want layers. 

As long as I can lay out on deck I will be happy !!