Journey Cruise

richbum

My cruise has been switched from a 7 day western to a 9 day exotic eastern journey cruise. Do I understand right that this is an 80s theme now? Who has done a journey crusie...and what can we expect?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, there is an 80's theme day and glow party that night. The photographers have 80's props you can use for the pictures too. On that day you will also get the Carnival Capers. It's the same as the Fun Times, but that's what it was called at that time and it looks different. They will have the midnight buffet one night as well. Throughout the week they will have seminars for various things like photography and/or a chef cooking demonstration and have old activities like the knobby knees contest. I think you'll enjoy it. My family and I went on the 15 day Breeze repo cruise and looooved it. I'm looking forward to my next Journeys cruise. I'll tell you, it'll be hard going back to 7 days after having many more. First world problems, I know. 😄 Enjoy your journey!

19 hours ago, NotTooCritical said:

Yes, there is an 80's theme day and glow party that night. The photographers have 80's props you can use for the pictures too. On that day you will also get the Carnival Capers. It's the same as the Fun Times, but that's what it was called at that time and it looks different. They will have the midnight buffet one night as well. Throughout the week they will have seminars for various things like photography and/or a chef cooking demonstration and have old activities like the knobby knees contest. I think you'll enjoy it. My family and I went on the 15 day Breeze repo cruise and looooved it. I'm looking forward to my next Journeys cruise. I'll tell you, it'll be hard going back to 7 days after having many more. First world problems, I know. 😄 Enjoy your journey!

Thank you all for your input...At the glow party, do a lot of people dress up? I think a few of us in my group would like to...and then there are a couple of party poopers..haha

2 hours ago, richbum said:

Thank you all for your input...At the glow party, do a lot of people dress up? I think a few of us in my group would like to...and then there are a couple of party poopers..haha

No one was dressed up formally. It's on the lido deck so it was super casual. Think sail-a-way party at night. Now, that doesn't mean that you and those in your group that want to dress up can't fancy it up a bit. I'm pretty sure glow necklaces and bracelets go with anything when on a cruise. 😉

4 minutes ago, NotTooCritical said:

No one was dressed up formally. It's on the lido deck so it was super casual. Think sail-a-way party at night. Now, that doesn't mean that you and those in your group that want to dress up can't fancy it up a bit. I'm pretty sure glow necklaces and bracelets go with anything when on a cruise. 😉

Thanks for that info.....But...I'm sorry...I should have explained...if this is on the "80's" day...I was wondering if people dressed up from the 80's....or if there were any parties for that....

4 minutes ago, richbum said:

Thanks for that info.....But...I'm sorry...I should have explained...if this is on the "80's" day...I was wondering if people dressed up from the 80's....or if there were any parties for that....

Oh. Absolutely there were 80's costumes! We didn't know what to expect so we kept it simple and bought some cheap multi colored t-shirts and cut them up, styled our hair in 80's fashion and wore leg warmers. There was one couple where the woman dressed as Madonna with the lace fluffy skirt, lace gloves, tank top, etc. and the guy was dressed as MC Hammer; gold shiny top and matching Hammer pants. It was great! Please, do go ALL OUT for this. You won't be alone. It'll be a blast and the pictures will be fun. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NotTooCritical said:

Oh. Absolutely there were 80's costumes! We didn't know what to expect so we kept it simple and bought some cheap multi colored t-shirts and cut them up, styled our hair in 80's fashion and wore leg warmers. There was one couple where the woman dressed as Madonna with the lace fluffy skirt, lace gloves, tank top, etc. and the guy was dressed as MC Hammer; gold shiny top and matching Hammer pants. It was great! Please, do go ALL OUT for this. You won't be alone. It'll be a blast and the pictures will be fun. 

Thank you so much!!! It sounds like a blast!