Picture Imperfect: Live on Harmony

25 minutes ago, Familygoboston said:

We ate at Skippers Grill because they have tacos as well as hamburgers fries and hot dogs and ice cream and some very aggressive seagulls! 

(Sorry about the quote- there a big if I quote you it shows up again and I can’t type. So I won’t be quoting any of you anymore!  

I watched a seagull land on a table to take some food as soon as someone got up for a second!

Our Perfect Day! (Ended at 1 pm when we bailed out of the sun and hit the neatly empty ships water slides. 

My water slide review 

yellow: is faster and twisty but very dark and can feel claustrophobic

blue: is twisty, but slower, I got stuck twice. And it’s open at the top. 

Green: more clear (open) and lit inside, less twisty, but there’s a toilet bowl at the bottom and I got stuck 😳 (plunger please!🤣

After much flapping, I made it down all three! Some  twice. Illl try to get photos later, no phones, no jewelry, no glasses, no hats to ride. 

More Perfect Day

Photo 1 the kiddie park included with baby slides, if your kids are young enough you could save some coin and tell them this is the whole thing 🤣

Photo 2 kiddie park with the big slide ($) in the back ground 

Photo 3 time lapse video of the ballon and zip liners 

31DF7AF7-E6F9-4483-8A1F-9B3873852284.jpeg

83786271-70E2-47AA-9ABC-3741691B5E09.jpeg

So is Perfect Day a Perfect Day? 

I thought so! There is more space than you can possibly fill so don’t sweat the “finding a chair” thing. There are loads of activities and we snorkeled over the sunken cannons on chill beach and saw a bunch of fish. The food was excellent, a definite step up from Labadee and earlier CC. I missed the nature trail and the “undeveloped” side, but there is plenty for the whole family to do! 

See my reaction below! 🤣 (and the impossible blue water from our balcony!) 

36BBA293-3365-4544-B91C-898377F16E0F.jpeg

• Like 1

Coco Cay Anniversary Day!

Ok. I understand (somewhat) the anti-plastic straw thing. But paper straws SUCK. Or more appropriately, they DON’T SUCK. Trying to do frozen drinks with paper straws is so frustrating. It just doesn’t work. So my recommendation is BYOS: bring your own straws. I got the jumbo smoothie kind. Will 40 of them last all week?

061AD26A-C0BA-4CDE-9E9F-64FE560027EB.jpeg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Familygoboston said:

🤣🤣 lol Mike! Yes we only ate at one place and we didn’t even have a drink lol! You’ll have to ask Randy about the various options at the swim up bar... his crew was there all day. I fear for their skin health. 😳

I don't do the sun period, my skin has two color options, pale or red, I choose pale.  When we lay out for brief periods outside the Solarium, we find a spot where I can sit in the shade somewhere near my wife but out of the sun, lol.  Quality time together!

I guess we'll have to find the other food items on our own.

Just saw the post that mentioned snorkeling, good to hear.  My wife is more into snorkeling than I am so we don't do pure snorkeling excursions but I don't want to deprive her so we find ways to fit it in we activities we both enjoy (like Captain Bob on St. Maarten, you stop twice to snorkel, I sat out one of them and hung out with the boat captain's assistant and had a beer).  We're going to a beach club in Costa Maya on this trip that has all you can eat/drink (can you tell how much I like to eat or cruise vacations?) but also includes free use of snorkeling and kayaks.

Good info about the slides as well.

BTW, if I'm posting too much in this thread, please tell me.  I won't be offended.  I can only repay you with compliments and if you ever head to Alaska, one of the longest trip report I've ever seen on CC, written by yours truly last summer.

• Like 2

Chillin & Grillin 

We we ate at the Chill Grill. Very good food. But look around carefully before you choose. There were Cuban sandwiches, mushroom paninis, streak sandwiches, and crispy chicken sandwiches that we didn’t see until we were done eating.  They were kind of hidden on the back side of the salad areas. 

Lots of seating. But you might have a harder time getting out of the sun if it’s crowded. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rsharp83 said:

Chillin & Grillin 

We we ate at the Chill Grill. Very good food. But look around carefully before you choose. There were Cuban sandwiches, mushroom paninis, streak sandwiches, and crispy chicken sandwiches that we didn’t see until we were done eating.  They were kind of hidden on the back side of the salad areas. 

Lots of seating. But you might have a harder time getting out of the sun if it’s crowded. 

Thanks for filling in the blanks that your traveling partner left out!  We'll definitely be hitting BOTH of those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Familygoboston said:

After much flapping, I made it down all three! Some  twice. Illl try to get photos later, no phones, no jewelry, no glasses, no hats to ride. 

Does no jewelry include wedding rings?  Can you hold your glasses?  Can you wear a GoPro with a chest or head mount?

1 hour ago, rsharp83 said:

Chillin & Grillin 

This type of food is included or extra charge? It certainly is a lot different from what you get a Labadee.

2 hours ago, Familygoboston said:

Our Perfect Day! (Ended at 1 pm when we bailed out of the sun and hit the neatly empty ships water slides. 

My water slide review 

yellow: is faster and twisty but very dark and can feel claustrophobic

blue: is twisty, but slower, I got stuck twice. And it’s open at the top. 

Green: more clear (open) and lit inside, less twisty, but there’s a toilet bowl at the bottom and I got stuck 😳 (plunger please!🤣

Since you are talking about slides I will just mention to you that there is a thread running on C.C. about people getting the equivalent of road burn, especially on arms and elbows, when doing the Abyss. If you are going to do it then it is advisable that you wear long sleeves.

I figured I'd warn you for prevention since you left your physician at home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So in reply to folks! All food consumed by randy and I was free stuff! It’s delicious! (Sorry just got back from WDW!) But yes, big upgrade!! 

Regarding Slides-

1) Thanks Doc! I did bring my long sleeves for that dry slide! We do have a DR with us but he “ sees dead people” so I’m inclined to use OceanBoy as my personal cruising online physician instead🤣 

2) Dark Chicolate - def no glasses. No watches, no necklaces or bracelets Wedding rings and earrings appeared to be ok. Diamond chandelier earrings I d not recommend! 

LASTLY- DAY 2 COMPASS

CC273B2B-9314-4D20-9E86-66AA5F6571B4.jpeg

FEA2BBBC-B8F6-4907-8DA9-56F7C49F2D8A.jpeg

41DD8CD9-CD92-4780-AE21-EF445D5CF35A.jpeg

F3450F8C-6F03-4987-AC71-E66309E6816A.jpeg

Edited by Familygoboston

For tonight’s entertainment, the ice skating show, a sort of Juliette time travels sort of thing, very entertaining. 

Also, we happened upon the roving piano man who ocassionally shows up in an elevator. 

Followed that up with ITALIAN NIGHT in the windjammer. 

Our final event of the night will be Fine Line aqua show. 

Tonight is also Battle of the Sexes for those who follow the game shows. 

FC6CB5FC-1578-4C3B-A769-A66207C19C89.jpeg

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MISS THE FINE LINE AQUA SHOW.

I Repeat, DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!!!

It starts quietly, 10 minutes before the scheduled show time. A guy that looks like a Game of Thrones Dothraki walks out and the music begins. He starts to spin around, and for the next 10 plus minutes, he spins. Sometimes fast, sometimes slower, but he never stops spinning. All the while he adjusts his costume for different effects. Spinning, spinning, spinning. And then he stops. He doesn’t appear dizzy, and he hasn’t hurled his guts out. Then he starts running and the show begins. 

What follows is just spectacular. If you’ve ever seen Cirque du Soleil “O” it is 100% as good as that show. 

The music is outstanding as well. Lots of alternate versions of songs from Beck to Beatles to U2 to Weezer. 

The acts are fantastic. I can’t even begin to describe it all. No pictures can do it justice. 

If you see no other show, see this. I cannot emphasize this enough. SEE THIS SHOW. 

F880EADD-E97E-49C1-884F-E237396D7FF7.jpeg

BE0B20F7-ED12-4FF9-A428-4D366DEBA632.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m loving your collective review! We are recently off of Symphony, so I’m making some of my own ship comparisons as I read along. Harmony looks just as amazing as Symphony was! We live 90 minutes from Port Canaveral, so I see at least one cruise on Harmony in our future. 😀🛳

Thank you for taking the time out of your cruise to bring us along with you!

• Like 1