Cabana Cancelled at Coco Cay

I had reserved and paid for a Chill Island cabana for this Friday's Navigator of the Seas sailing.  However, I received an email an hour ago saying it was cancelled.

First time I called, person did not have any info and was told to email Shore Excursions.   Then, he tries to sell me a drink package.  I told him that was ridiculous and called back for a manager.

Manager said there was a mass cancellation on site but had no info why.  He did agree with me that I should not have been attempted an upsell.

Anyone else here cancelled for May 25th at Coco?  Has this happened to anyone else before?

2 minutes ago, Shacky316 said:

I had reserved and paid for a Chill Island cabana for this Friday's Navigator of the Seas sailing.  However, I received an email an hour ago saying it was cancelled.

First time I called, person did not have any info and was told to email Shore Excursions.   Then, he tries to sell me a drink package.  I told him that was ridiculous and called back for a manager.

Manager said there was a mass cancellation on site but had no info why.  He did agree with me that I should not have been attempted an upsell.

Anyone else here cancelled for May 25th at Coco?  Has this happened to anyone else before?

Are they finished yet?

58 minutes ago, Shacky316 said:

It's probably because Navigator is now no longer the only ship at Coco Cay on May 25th. We are on the same sailing dates as you on the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. We recently received an email that our itinerary has changed and we are now going to be at Coco Cay on May 25th. Looks like we are sharing the island with you which should be all kinds of fun since we are both ships with 3800+ passengers! What on earth was Royal Caribbean thinking?!?

37 minutes ago, lsfla said:

It's probably because Navigator is now no longer the only ship at Coco Cay on May 25th. We are on the same sailing dates as you on the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. We recently received an email that our itinerary has changed and we are now going to be at Coco Cay on May 25th. Looks like we are sharing the island with you which should be all kinds of fun since we are both ships with 3800+ passengers! What on earth was Royal Caribbean thinking?!?

Just a wee bit more than one Oasis ship

40 minutes ago, lsfla said:

Wow, I will be on Navigator May 25.  Did not make any specific plans for Coco Cay, just walk around and see what its all about as I will be back in December and January 2020, where I did book the Chill Island cabanas . Might avoid the crowds altogether  and enjoy the probably empty  pool area on Navigator. instead. 

1 hour ago, lsfla said:

What on earth was Royal Caribbean thinking?!?

Late last week, they added Coco Cay to the itinerary of the May 25th sailing of Symphony out of Miami (3 nights; we were supposed to be in Nassau on the 26th and at sea on the 27th, now it's Coco Cay on the 26th and Nassau on the 27th). They moved Mariner to the 25th so that they could get Symphony to the island on the 26th.

With the changes being so close to the sailings, I suspect it's an experiment in scheduling & pricing for the various amenities on the island.

12 minutes ago, alevyinroc said:

Late last week, they added Coco Cay to the itinerary of the May 25th sailing of Symphony out of Miami (3 nights; we were supposed to be in Nassau on the 26th and at sea on the 27th, now it's Coco Cay on the 26th and Nassau on the 27th). They moved Mariner to the 25th so that they could get Symphony to the island on the 26th.

With the changes being so close to the sailings, I suspect it's an experiment in scheduling & pricing for the various amenities on the island.

Lucky you! It seems Symphony passengers are the only ones benefitting here as you now get to go to Coco Cay when your original cruise had an itinerary with a day at sea. Unfortunately, those of us on Mariner and Navigator who booked a cruise where we had an island to ourselves are now suffering because of these last minute itinerary changes.

Just now, lsfla said:

It seems Symphony passengers are the only ones benefitting here as you now get to go to Coco Cay when your original cruise had an itinerary with a day at sea.

TBH, I was looking forward to the day at sea. We visited Coco Cay last year and while I know it's had a lot of work completed since, there's just not much that interests us there for the prices they're charging. We'll probably hop off the ship, walk around for an hour or so, then head back.