"Formal Nights" a thing of the past?

wantondisregard

Oh, I do love me a Formal Night thread.

According to the dress code, you can wear a tux or jeans - just because some posters don’t want to see jeans doesn’t mean you can actually post “no jeans”.

Having said that, I absolutely loved seeing male cruisers in shorts not permitted entrance to Harry’s Bar in Venice. Many trying to argue their way in - staff were firm - good for them.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Perhaps the verbiage changed, but the code used to say county club.    Too each his her own.  

Doesn't matter what it was called in the past.  What I posted is directly from Celebrity's website and is the current suggested dress guidelines for the MDR in the evening. Agree, to each their own. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

My partner and I used to bring tuxes, suits  etc.  You get the idea. Now we just do country club casual and it works just fine for us.  Now it's a nice shirt, sweater ,dress  slacks and dress shoes and that is it.  It makes packing and traveling a whole lot easier.  As we get older it's all about comfort and still looking our best.  For those of you who wish to dress to the nines have at it and enjoy!

Edited by Chicago Boy
mistake
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 5:36 PM, Cruisen'Susan said:

I am happy to hear that some here still dress in the evenings.   No matter how I try,  I am unable to go casual for dinner.  Certainly not formal,  but love my maxi-dresses and bling accessories.  Most times DH wears a nice shirt and khakis.  Occasional sports jacket and tie.  Or not.  No more packing his tux.  I see a mix throughout the ship, from VERY casual folks who eat dinner in the buffet to lovely dinner outfits with lots of sparkle.  The ladies seem to set the tone   more so than the men.  But love those casual Tommy Bahama shirts too!!

Hi Susan!  I also still “dress” for dinner (we did have the best dressed table, didn’t we!). After 30 years in AF protocol it’s hard to change. Our next cruise is Vancouver to Hawaii. Les is bringing a white sport coat (to go over the Tommy Bahama shirt) for evening Chic nights (I need to find him a pink carnation!).  I’ll be blinged out, it’s our 50th wedding anniversary. Melody

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 2

Wonderful, Melody!!   We are leaving for a 10-day Celebrity Bermuda sailing in two days!   Now that Mike is retired, more cruising!   In August, a 10-day Alaska sailing on Princess.   Then RCI in November to S. Caribbean.   Two planned so far in 2020. I really have been itching for a Tahiti/Aussie/Hawaii longer sailing in 2021.   

Happy Anniversary, you two!!  Fabulous!!   And yes we were a great looking table! 😊🍸nn'

Happy cruisin

Susan