Carnival food feedback requested

On 5/23/2019 at 4:41 PM, Cruisin sun and fun said:

* Blue Iguana - Burrito Bowl was awesome, our first stop after boarding

* Guys Burgers - what can you say....

* Guys Pig - surprisingly we liked it a lot

* We thought the MDR for dinner was excellent, tried many different plates, sometimes two:)

* Of course the chocolate melting cake for me, the DW was a little disappointed in deserts to her liking

****** 24 hour ice cream ****** Pizza *******

Would have liked to try the Deli but the lines was long every time went to check.  Thought the buffet was meh, breakfast okay but that was it for us. 

Horizon - March '19

YESSSS!  This, exactly this!!  Only exception is that I DID get to try the cafe, and it was delicious!  The cuban was on my bucket list as I heard it was a "must get", and I also had a turkey wrap, which was even better!

Liberty does not have Guys Pig & Anchor, but I believe the bbq place they do have above lido is the same - they have the Pig & Anchor sauces.  The mac and cheese from there is very excellent!  The pulled pork was good, but I live in GA, so it's hard for that to ever stand out more than others for me, lol.

Liberty - April '19

Just off the Magic a week ago.  Favorites for our group were 1) Buffalo Chicken Sandwich at the Deli...DS got at least one a day 2) Turkey Sandwich at the Deli by Ocean Plaza for DD and DH (Sea Days only for lunch) 3)Guys Burgers and Fries 4)MDR Crab Cakes, Sweet and Sour Shrimp, Fried Shrimp, Cold Soups, Mac & Cheese and Prime Rib 5) Lido Buffet Cheesy Potatoes and Hash Browns 6) Lido Buffet Chocolate Extravaganza on last Sea Day (Chocolate covered Strawberries) 7) Lido Buffet made to order Omelets and '8) Our favorite drink Caribbean Colada at Red Frog Rum Bar.

Edited by Warm Breezes

First off I fully believe that Carnival has better tasting “free food” offerings than Royal Caribbean and Norwegian.  

I am definitely a meat eater, but Carnival’s vegetarian options in the main dining room were very good.  Also the soups tend to be winners.  I also think having the options of a Burrito Bowl with chicken, steak, shrimp or fish at Blue Cantina or a Guys burger . . . .with no additional cost, is such a good incentive for lunch or just getting back from in port.

The French Toast is usually the “king carb” at breakfast.  Really good.  The pancakes and waffles aren’t very good IMO.  The omelettes are almost always aces.