Tendering in Saguenay

rundent

I realize that this port is on a river and therefore shouldn't pose any tender boarding problems, but my wife needs assurances that it will be a non-issue before I make plans for going ashore. Doesn't look like a very thrilling place but as long as we're going to be there want to take a look.

Thank you in advance.

It depends which ship you’re on and where they’re assigned.  We (Holland America) docked last September.  Viking tendered.  We had rough seas due to having the tail end of Hurricane Florence hit us while we were there.  Viking still tendered, even in the rough water.  I would venture to say that it usually wouldn’t get that stirred up and tendering would be fairly tame, if that’s what you’re asking.

Like Miss G, we docked both times so cannot answer about tendering conditions.  However, I've enjoyed both of our port stops in Saguenay.  The locals welcome the ship passengers with Quebecois treats, music and dancing and when you go back to the ship, they have yet another treat for you and thank you sincerely for visiting their region. 

Last time we were there, we did the HoHo for $20 pp.  The first time we were there, we walked about town; they had a market and street performers (I remember the fire eater well!).  I'm very much looking forward to our third visit in September.  It's one of my favourite stops on the Canada/NE cruises simply because of how much the locals appreciated our visits.  I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have or more!

• Like 1