Can you help me understand the fees amount and schedule?

camz09

Hi, so I was able to apply both of  my Nextcruise deposit vouchers on our upcoming cruise in December. I got the final amount of €1,919.54 that was deducted into €1,469.54 with the vouchers applied. Now, I read the fees schedule and I'm a little confused. It says I need to pay €325.20 by next week as deposit, and then €1,469.54 by November for final payment.

Can anyone explain this €325.20 deposit? Where did this amount come from? And how come it's still €1,469.54 as final payment? Should it not be €1,144.34 (1,468.54 - 325.20) ?? Is this €325.20 deposit refundable? (Or only if you cancel within a certain amount of time) Sorry if the answer is obvious, I'm not that in the know about the cruising fees. I just thought it weird the deposit kinda negates the deduction from the vouchers if the final fee is still the same?? Help!

When you apply cruisenext vouchers that total less than the actual required deposit amount then you get the message that you need to need to pay your deposit to secure your booking. You don’t. One of my bookings still now says “don’t lose your reservation” even though the deadline for paying the deposit passed months ago.

Just ignore it.

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

When you apply cruisenext vouchers that total less than the actual required deposit amount then you get the message that you need to need to pay your deposit to secure your booking. You don’t. One of my bookings still now says “don’t lose your reservation” even though the deadline for paying the deposit passed months ago.

Just ignore it.

Hi, is it better if I give them a ring about it? Or just ignore the email confirmation that says 'pay this deposit amount by 5 June 2019' ? Is it some kind of glitch? When I check my account on NCL's website and look at the cruise payment summary, nowhere does it mention this €325.20 deposit, only the final payment (due in November) of €1,469.54 but as you know, it's kinda hard to ignore the confirmation e-mail as it also seems official and binding. I really think they made an error on the amount for the final payment on that email though,

Edited by camz09

The confirmation shows the payment schedule, which requires a deposit by a certain date and then final payment being the remainder.

Applying a cruise deposit supersedes that payment schedule, but in my experience it is still quoted on the confirmation. It is a bit of a glitch, but it has been around for a while.

Honestly, I wouldn’t worry, but phone of it will reassure you.

The payment summary just doesn’t add up, I wouldn’t rely on it to audit your costs.  I just made a res and the payment summary only shows a total of the fares, it adds the travel protection cost and the grats for the dining pkg to Guest total above.  The final payment amount shows as just the Guest fare total minus the cruisenext cert even though its not listed.  The programming of the web site is a hot mess.

B27BB5A9-C5C6-4F9D-BEAE-65E3032D1B68.jpeg

Edited by smithop