Getting off the ship in Rhodes

Crazy planning mom

My ship, the RCL Jewel of the Seas  docks at 9am on a Monday.   How long before the ship is cleared and people can get off the boat?

Iif I sign up for a 10am segway tour (non-ship) will I have time to make it from the ship to the tour meeting point next to the old gate.

You shouldn't have any problem. Ships are usually cleared (in Med ports) within a matter of minutes after they dock, especially if you are coming from another EU country. And to get from the dock to the old gate seems like, from memory a 5-10 minute walk.

6 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

My ship, the RCL Jewel of the Seas  docks at 9am on a Monday.   How long before the ship is cleared and people can get off the boat?

Iif I sign up for a 10am segway tour (non-ship) will I have time to make it from the ship to the tour meeting point next to the old gate.

While there is always a possibility of delay, I don't recall anything that slowed down the process.  In almost all Mediterranean ports I have visited on cruises, the passengers begin leaving the ship as soon as they can get the ropes, ramps, security personnel, camera personnel, etc. in place.  Usually it's 20-30 minutes after the ship gets in place at the dock.  I usually watch the process from the promenade deck, if there is one, and head down to the gangway when it looks like they are ready.  This is usually before they officially announce that passengers may leave the ship.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

• 3 weeks later...