T/A Rhapsody unlimited dining pkg worth it?

Sorry if this has been covered already. We are newbies, my sister and me...questioning the value of unlimited dining on a 14 day T/A cruise,  $279 which works out to $20/day including gratuity, when there are just the three specialty restaurants, and I feel we will want to dine in the main dining room quite a bit as well. Thank you.

I'll go ahead and ask another question, I feel we will want the unlimited drinks package too, for the specialty coffee and better non-alcoholic drinks, as well as cocktails, and we drink beer liberally, but at $700 each plus 18% grat, has it been worth it to other cruisers? I do like the idea of the convenience and not having to think of the balance of our bar tab. Thank you! 

Just now, goldfish65 said:

Sorry if this has been covered already. We are newbies, my sister and me...questioning the value of unlimited dining on a 14 day T/A cruise,  $279 which works out to $20/day including gratuity, when there are just the three specialty restaurants, and I feel we will want to dine in the main dining room quite a bit as well. Thank you.

I'll go ahead and ask another question, I feel we will want the unlimited drinks package too, for the specialty coffee and better non-alcoholic drinks, as well as cocktails, and we drink beer liberally, but at $700 each plus 18% grat, has it been worth it to other cruisers? I do like the idea of the convenience and not having to think of the balance of our bar tab. Thank you! 

I have never done such a long cruise - mostly 4-5 cruises but my 2020 cruise is 7 nights and I too am considering the dining package but I really enjoy the MDR - and I believe you can order Chops steaks for an upgrade fee so to save that money I probably won't get it.  I have done both the bar tab and unlimited drinks - I prefer the package so I don't have to worry about it and can use my OBC to help cover the cost of the package.  I did a spreadsheet and between bloody mary's/ mimosas at breakfast - beers and frozen drinks by the pool, wine with dinner,  etc I am usually ahead with the package.  Now I am considering ordering the gift liquor on the short cruise I am thinking about in a few months to see how that works out. 

• Like 1

Well you can do the math on the unlimited package vs pay as you go.  For the dining it really just depends on what kind of dining experience you are looking for, my wife would just about kill me if I paid for the unlimited dining.  She just wants to order her food, get the food eat and be gone in less than 45-60 minutes not 2+ hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

That price also includes lunch on all sea days.  That works out to about $12.00 per meal. Only downside is lack of restaurant choices.  Not worth it at all if you are still doing MDR, get a 5 night package instead. 

Thanks for your help, I got the 5 night for $105, for the reason that there are only three specialty restaurants, I feel sure that will be a good choice for us.