Hair Salon

April42749

Has anyone ever had their hair colored and styled at the Jean Louis David Salon on the Meraviglia (or any other ship)?  We have a cruise booked in Oct and I was looking at the spa services.  The cost for a color/cut/style is ridiculously inexpensive if you pre-order compared to what I pay at home.  Were you happy with the results?  Do you select a date and time before you get on board?

Thanks

We were on the Meraviglia in March. Since we were in the YC, had access to thermal spa.- beauty salon right outside spa. Walked by when ladies were getting hair done. Impressed with what I saw. Daily specials are listed in daily program and I took advantage of haircut and style. Very happy and the price was amazing.,gave him a big tip , even though tip was already added.

I say, talk to hair dresser first, get an idea of what they will do, then book.  That is what I did.

Have you got the pricing right as a manicure and shellac was $99 on my last cruise, I pay about $45 at home.

I took my own hair colour on a 4 week Splendida cruise -- I normally do it myself and hairdresser cuts/styles it.

I asked the forum a similar question a while back. We will be on the Seaside in June, and I was interested in purchasing a cut/color/style for my wife. The feedback I got from folks was 100% positive, and the price is great, so I bought her the package. Hopefully, it works out.

23 minutes ago, jcathers1 said:

I asked the forum a similar question a while back. We will be on the Seaside in June, and I was interested in purchasing a cut/color/style for my wife. The feedback I got from folks was 100% positive, and the price is great, so I bought her the package. Hopefully, it works out.

Yeah....the going rate for "the bundle" is about 25% of my regular cost.  I thought I was misreading.   Jean Louis David is a well known salon.

Did you pre-book the appointment or do you have to wait until you're on the ship?

I took advantage of a special last month on the Poesia.  It was supposed to include regular color, cut, style and a manicure.  However, I had just had a gel manicure done right before I left for the cruise, so I didn't need my nails done.  They let me "customize" and do full head of highlights instead of the regular color and the manicure part of the package.  I think the total was something like 115 EUR, which was a great price, since I had (prior to the cut) long thick curly hair about 3/4 way down my back.  The stylist did a fantastic job and even gave me a blow out and straightened my hair.  

Edit to add that I bought the package the 1st day on board. 

Edited by Nautical but Nice

I had my hair cut in one of the JLD salons onboard (can't remember which ship/cruise) and was very dissatisfied - it wasn't a good cut at all.  DH usually cuts my hair and he does a better job (he did train as a hairdresser in his youth).

5 hours ago, April42749 said:

Yeah....the going rate for "the bundle" is about 25% of my regular cost.  I thought I was misreading.   Jean Louis David is a well known salon.

Did you pre-book the appointment or do you have to wait until you're on the ship?

We did not book ahead of time. She plans on booking when we board.