Coca-Cola freestyle machines (Explorer)

Hey everyone. I'm Marc and I'm new here. I just completed my first cruise with Royal Caribbean on Explorer of the Seas. It was an overall very enjoyable cruise and has got me hooked to the world of cruising. I am currently looking for my next cruise.

I just wanted to ask if anyone who has been on the explorer whether they have ever had problems with the coca-cola freestyle machines? I've used similar on land, mainly at Burger King and loved them. On the explorer they just seemed useless. For the size of the ship and the amount of passengers there were only four machines that I came across - 2 in the Royal Promenade & 2 in the windjammer. One of the two in the promenade was under maintenance for the entire trip, it didn't work from day one. The other was was freezing all the time. My cabin was on deck 3 so it was a bit of a nuisance to go all the way up to the windjammer and make my way through the crowd of people to get a drink. 

The windjammer ones weren't much better either, regularly freezing up and I kept getting the message "next drink in 59 minutes". The other problem was them constantly running out, not the machines fault but I think someone should have been responsible for regular restocking.

I know it might seem like I'm moaning about little things given the number of people that try using them but at the end of the day when you've purchased a beverage package there is some expectation that you get the service you are paying for. 

There were a number of times I had the guys behind the counter in the promenade cafe refill my cup, this was fine but not much variety.

37 minutes ago, marcaevans said:

Hey everyone. I'm Marc and I'm new here. I just completed my first cruise with Royal Caribbean on Explorer of the Seas. It was an overall very enjoyable cruise and has got me hooked to the world of cruising. I am currently looking for my next cruise.

I just wanted to ask if anyone who has been on the explorer whether they have ever had problems with the coca-cola freestyle machines? I've used similar on land, mainly at Burger King and loved them. On the explorer they just seemed useless. For the size of the ship and the amount of passengers there were only four machines that I came across - 2 in the Royal Promenade & 2 in the windjammer. One of the two in the promenade was under maintenance for the entire trip, it didn't work from day one. The other was was freezing all the time. My cabin was on deck 3 so it was a bit of a nuisance to go all the way up to the windjammer and make my way through the crowd of people to get a drink. 

The windjammer ones weren't much better either, regularly freezing up and I kept getting the message "next drink in 59 minutes". The other problem was them constantly running out, not the machines fault but I think someone should have been responsible for regular restocking.

I know it might seem like I'm moaning about little things given the number of people that try using them but at the end of the day when you've purchased a beverage package there is some expectation that you get the service you are paying for. 

There were a number of times I had the guys behind the counter in the promenade cafe refill my cup, this was fine but not much variety.

Yeah welcome to cruise critic and welcome to the world of cruising.

Those drink machines are a bit over rated,my daughter gets the soda package and sometimes I tried them and there seemed to be a problem a lot of the time.

the newer ships seemed to be more functional.

I don’t think We will bother next time .