The Edge Invinate Veranada warning

tapemann

1 minute ago, ginak1112 said:

I love the sunset verandas, they are my favorite. I guess I didn’t consider those to be regular verandas. 

I've been in an S1 aft, but had a great deal since booked on day one - now I have an SV booked for an Edge cruise and 2 Apex cruises. I've been in a couple of them and they are great cabins (a little longer than other cabins) and the balconies are wonderful. 🙂

On 5/29/2019 at 11:27 AM, Silkroad said:

The Edge IV cabins are 202 SF, and the S -class Veranda cabins are 194 SF. How are the Edge IV cabins smaller? The Edge IV veranda is 42 SF, while the S-class veranda is 54 SF, so it's true that the S-class veranda is larger, but not the cabin. If you're considering total SF, the Edge IV wins, with 244 total SF of cabin space, while the S-class cabin remains at 194 SF (as you can't consider an exterior veranda part of the interior cabin space).

You know... the dimensions of the verandas as stated in brochures, do not account for the thickness of the walls. I measured the floor space of my cabin's veranda and it was about 32 sq ft not even close to the 42 quoted... I had a friend measure their S Class veranda and it was closer to 52 sq ft... going by memory so I might be off an inch. I assume the Edge dimensions are off more because the walls are thicker on Edge... a real wall vs acrylic one. DH was not a fan of IV, I however, who seldom sit on a traditional veranda... loved it... just felt it was too small. Perhaps if the depth could be increased that would help... but impractical to widen the cabin to allow wider veranda. Think how long the ship would be if each cabin widened by 6" or or more.

I’m currently on the Edge in an IV cabin and my wife and I agree it’s the nicest cabin (and ship) we’ve ever experienced. We love the constant water views and breezes as well as the slightly larger cabin. I really don’t get the extreme negative reactions. 

21 hours ago, FolsomMike said:

I’m currently on the Edge in an IV cabin and my wife and I agree it’s the nicest cabin (and ship) we’ve ever experienced. We love the constant water views and breezes as well as the slightly larger cabin. I really don’t get the extreme negative reactions. 

Great to hear, I'm really excited to try My IV at the end of June. I don't get the negativity at all, especially of people who haven't even been on the ship. What can be that bad about a brand new gorgeous ship. Sure beats working, cooking and cleaning lol.

ginak1112, I think you will be happy with both the Edge and your IV.  We were on the Transatlantic from FLL to Southampton, April 28-May 13 and I was very apprehensive having read the reviews here.  We absolutely loved the ship overall.  What was great about the IV was that on the TA, no matter the weather, you could put the window down a few inches and have lovely ocean sounds.  Our first port of call was Bermuda, and we had the window down with the balcony doors shut, and it was, in our view, a very nice balcony.  We found the chairs to be extremely comfortable.  There is a tray turned upside down on the table that is on your balcony, so you can use that separately on the sofa or on the bed, and, of course bring the little table "inside" as well.  We loved the extra space that the IV gave us in the room.  My only complaint would be that for 15 days there was very little hanging space in the closet, but actually most of the people that I spoke to on our cruise felt that the closet space was fine...haha, I guess I just bring more "stuff" than most!  Anyway,  just my thoughts.  We loved Edge.  We loved our IV.  Enjoy your cruise!

Joanne

• Like 1

From the variety of comments on IVs, it appears the designers faced a common problem.  I find that people who design things, like ship cabins and balconies, never have used the item they design.  One of the good things about Solstice class ship design is that people who actually cruised helped the designers.  Although not everyone loved the over-bed storage, in general the design of Solstice class ship satisfied most passengers.  I'll be sailing again on a Solstice class ship later this year.  I will leave the IV cabins on Edge to others.

• Like 2

IMHO The point of these IV discussions should be to educate people on the design and function of the IV so that they will know what to expect should they choose to book one.  I think that goal has been more than accomplished.  What lingers on seems to be some sort of competition between those that like the IVs and those that don't to try to win converts to their side.  What's the point?