An evening out in Edinburgh?

Our ship m.s. Rotterdam visits South Queeensferry (Edinburgh, UK) Friday, August 16th 2019. It sails at night 01:00am. In the evening lots of passengers will visit the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

We are looking for an alternative to spend this evening. Does anyone have suggestions for us?

You will be in Edinburgh in the middle of the world's largest arts festival - comprising the International Festival (https://www.eif.co.uk/whats-on/calendar?from=16-08-2019&to=16-08-2019) and the famous Fringe (https://www.edfringe.com), so you will have literally hundreds of things to choose from 🙂

Edited by Cotswold Eagle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PeetNL said:

Our ship m.s. Rotterdam visits South Queeensferry (Edinburgh, UK) Friday, August 16th 2019. It sails at night 01:00am. In the evening lots of passengers will visit the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

We are looking for an alternative to spend this evening. Does anyone have suggestions for us?

In a few days, the Edinburgh Fringe Programme will be published and when it is I will post a link to it here. There are literally thousands of events going on from drama to dance to music to comedy, dance, exhibitions......the list is endless. If you fancy something  bit more highbrow the Edinburgh Festival has lots of classical entertainment and their programme is already published. 

As well as that, there are street entertainers everywhere giving the city a great atmosphere. Good places to take it all in are the Royal Mile outside St Giles Cathedral and on the Mound in Princes Street.  After that you could go to Rose Street or the Royal Mile and enjoy a few drinks. There's also various ghost tours if that takes your fancy and in the fringe programme you will see lots of music venues like pubs where you could enjoy traditional music - or any other kind of music that takes your fancy!  I'd be happy to recommend some venues in the central areas if you're interested. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

I'd be happy to recommend some venues in the central areas if you're interested. 

I am certainly interested in your recommendations.

Thanks for all the answers of course.

34 minutes ago, PeetNL said:

I am certainly interested in your recommendations.

Thanks for all the answers of course.

The Fringe Programme comes out on 5th June so I'll have a look through then and suggest some venues probably with a focus on Scottish culture.  You are in Edinburgh after all!

• Like 1