best way to call Uber from the cruise pier in Tallin

Our cruise ship Norwegian Gateway will call in Tallin. What's the best way to get Uber from the cruise terminal to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral? I'd imagine the pier would be very congested with tourists and taxis. Should I walk to a close by landmark and then call Uber? I'd read the forum about the taxis warning, and I am not sure if I'll be able to find the recommended Tallink Takso and Tulika Takso from the other taxis at the pier, and I've never used Taxify.

We cannot walk up the hills and steps to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, reason for the ride to the cathedral, then walk back to the ship.

Other suggestions for the ride to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (or top of the hill in Old Town) are welcome.

Thanks!

Edited by tyrannosaur

I don't believe that you CALL Uber.  You just use the app and they can locate you.  Make sure you have your cell phone turned on and your location active.  You will have to pay for international roaming charges unless you have a data plan.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, tyrannosaur said:

;Our cruise ship Norwegian Gateway will call in Tallin. What's the best way to get Uber from the cruise terminal to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral? I'd imagine the pier would be very congested with tourists and taxis. Should I walk to a close by landmark and then call Uber? I'd read the forum about the taxis warning, and I am not sure if I'll be able to find the recommended Tallink Takso and Tulika Takso from the other taxis at the pier, and I've never used Taxify.

We cannot walk up the hills and steps to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, reason for the ride to the cathedral, then walk back to the ship.

Other suggestions for the ride to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (or top of the hill in Old Town) are welcome.

Thanks!

Why not use a 'proper' taxi service rather than uber, as cheap and more reliable

Thanks for the replies!  Yes I use Uber app and I don't "call" Uber 🙂  I'd love to use local proper taxis service, but people reported been ripped off by the taxis waiting at the pier, because some of them would paint their cars to look like the recommended ones.