Cancellation of Credit Card Payment

2tnts

Will NCL refund a payment made by credit card?  I attempted to make a "Partial Payment" on a NCL cruise.  However, I did not know that the payment was for the entire balance.  My roommate is responsible for half of the cruise fare.  I tried to back out of the payment but the full payment went through.  NCL is closed (after hours).  I now have to try to call NCL the next business day.  Wondering would NCL cancel the payment and put a credit on my card, or will I have to try to get partial payments from the roommate?????:

4 hours ago, Nola26 said:

Call your credit card company, they may be able to help.

Doing this will possibly result in the cruise booking being cancelled when NCL finds out you disputed the charge.

It may not be the most desirable option but you may be better off just asking the companion to reimburse you, but certainly have a conversation with NCL.  Bonus - if your credit card has rewards, think of all the extra points you'll end up with.

• Like 2

1. Well this mistake turned into a Blessing.  I called NCL this morning.  I am going to leave the full payment as is (my roomie will make payments to me personally).  So this is what I got: I got a $15 refund to my credit card BUT.... my cabin was upgraded to Mid Ship Mini Suite with all the perks for both of us (premium beverage package, 3 nights of specialty dinning, 4 hours internet, $50 excursion credit for all 3 ports).  
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Nola26 said:

How? It was a legitimate charge authorized by the consumer.  The credit card company would direct the OP back to the business.

OP, glad things worked out. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nola26 said:

Ah,,, no. You need to work with the vendor (NCL). People always throw around the "just dispute the charge" which, when you do that, you are declaring that the vendor fraudulently charged your credit card, a criminal act. 

• Like 1

OP glad it worked out and you were able to get the perks with the current promotions!

Calling the credit card company to discuss options isn't indicating the vendor was fraudulent, it is simply understanding options. 

54 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

OP glad it worked out and you were able to get the perks with the current promotions!

Calling the credit card company to discuss options isn't indicating the vendor was fraudulent, it is simply understanding options. 

Exactly. It is certainly not "a criminal act."