Electric outlets in Maasdam cabins

Anyone know how many regular US outlets are in Oceanview cabins (not Lanai) on the walking deck, where head of bed is up against window.  Hubby has a CPAP machine to plug in.   I am sure there is 1 or 2 at the desk.   We will need to plug in chargers for my cell phone & tablet, plus run the CPAP machine.   We may also be bringing his SoClean machine too.

(In case I decide on an upsell & end up in a Lanai or Verandah,  how many & where are outlets in those cabins.) 

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

Unless things have changed drastically, there should be one 110 outlet and one 220 outlet at the desk. If you have an adaptor for the European style 220 outlet, his CPAP should be able to use that. If you don't have an adaptor, and can't get one before you leave, then get a triple-tap to place in the 110 outlet. That should be enough for all you listed.

He may need an extension cord for the CPAP. My machine barely reaches with nothing extra in the length. That's when the CPAP is on the nightstand on the desk side of the bed.
An extension cord may allow for extra connections.

Ruth is correct - there is a 110 and 220 outlet at the desk; you'll need an adaptor for the 220, or a multi plug (power bar) for the 110.  Whatever you bring, be sure it doesn't have a surge suppressor, or it will be confiscated.  When in doubt, ask at the front desk and they will likely be able to help - particularly with the extension cord.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Edited by ger_77

Yes, and the Front Desk can provide the extension cord with multiple outlets and a second extension cord to reach the nightstand.  My husband probably contacted HAL before we boarded last December to make sure they would be ready for him and his c-pap machine.  He ordered distilled water before we left home, and it was waiting for him.  I brought along duct tape to secure the extension cord onto the carpet to prevent tripping and killing ourselves.

Enjoy your cruise !!

Barbara

Edited by bcummin

1 hour ago, bcummin said:

Yes, and the Front Desk can provide the extension cord with multiple outlets and a second extension cord to reach the nightstand.  My husband probably contacted HAL before we boarded last December to make sure they would be ready for him and his c-pap machine.  He ordered distilled water before we left home, and it was waiting for him.  I brought along duct tape to secure the extension cord onto the carpet to prevent tripping and killing ourselves.

Enjoy your cruise !!

Barbara

We always carry our own extension cord (hotels etc.....). Stewards will (sometimes if asked sometimes by themselves) attach the cord with (HAL's ) duct tape. Last cruise they brought without asking a multiple outlet (maybe they knew abut the CPAP because of the order of distilled water?  They really are good, the stewards. 

Edited by MAVIP
correction

Before posting my question here, I called into HAL today to about outlets -- I don"t know if I got a NEW gal or what, BUT she said the ship had only US outlets, and had one at head of the bed.   I was concerned that might be wrong, so that's why I posted.  

The duct tape is a GREAT idea!! 

Hoping someone who just got off Maasdam today might possibly see my question & chime in.

2 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

Before posting my question here, I called into HAL today to about outlets -- I don"t know if I got a NEW gal or what, BUT she said the ship had only US outlets, and had one at head of the bed.   I was concerned that might be wrong, so that's why I posted.  

Hoping someone who just got off Maasdam today might possibly see my question & chime in.

I'm pretty sure this is only true of the two newest ships. I do know the Koningsdam had them by the nightstands.

4 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

Excuse me, but the HAL agent you called does not know much about the ship, obviously. We were on the Maasdam in February/March this year and I used both outlets below the big mirror in the stateroom. Always 2 of them because I carry an extra USA adapter (tooth brush, smartphones, CPAP etc work on 110 and 220) and of course I can use the 220 European outlet for "everything" we carry.  There is NO outlet near the bed/headrest.  

11 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

Masking tape is easier to deal with when it comes time to remove it. Over the years stewards have used masking tape, packing tape, and duct tape. Masking tape was the easiest to get off that last morning. Just ask your cabin steward to tape the cord to the wall running from the nightstand to the desk.

No need to bring any kind of tape for this---the ship has everything.

1 hour ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

We have often found that the US & European outlets are so close next to each other, such that it is hard to use both at same time....you think that might be the case on Maasdam??

We just got off the Maasdam on May the 7th and Ruth is correct, there are only two outlets, one 110 and one 220 outlet at the desk.  We ordered a frig for the ocean view cabin and it came with a power strip which plugged into the 110 outlet.  So it provided extra spaces to plugin our many electrical items we take on the cruise.  We also had a 220 adapter for the other outlet. You can put a multi-plug in the 220 outlet, with the adapter. Make sure the multi-plug is vertical versus a horizontal one.  There are NO outlets on the head boards, only the newer ships have outlet at the head boards.  Your room stewards can provide a power strip and extension cord for you.  Make that request as soon as you get on board.  We had no problem using both plugs at the same time.

What did the frig cost to have in your cabin?  Great idea to get it!!   Where did you put it -- under the desk?  

THANKS SO MUCH  for the information, RuthC (see you on board 6/18) and Rajkr74.

Rajkr74:   Do you have any comment or suggestions about the ports, excursions, weather, clothing, etc.?   

When did ship hold Trivia?  And was Happy Hour 4-5.....heard it was in both Crow's Nest & Ocean Bar?    

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

1 hour ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

When did ship hold Trivia?  And was Happy Hour 4-5.....heard it was in both Crow's Nest & Ocean Bar?    

We were on the Maasdam in February; Trivia was at 4PM in the Crow's Nest and Happy Hour was from 4 - 5 at both the Crow's Nest and Ocean Bar.  2nd drink for $2 at Happy Hour.  If you check the halfacts website, look at Ocean View cabin 644 - you can see the power outlet at the desk - it has one European and 1 US plug.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Edited by ger_77

Laying the extension cord to the nightstand - on the floor under the bed and out of the way, securing the exposed section on the carpet with duct tape has always worked well for us with no removal problems.  IF you are unlucky enough to use the nightstand on the opposite side of the room from the desk outlet, then the cord has a much longer trail.  But it can also work.

Black duct tape is handy for fixing lots of things too.

Barbara 

Edited by bcummin

43 minutes ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

What did the frig cost to have in your cabin?  Great idea to get it!!   Where did you put it -- under the desk?  

THANKS SO MUCH  for the information, RuthC (see you on board 6/18) and Rajkr74.

Rajkr74:   Do you have any comment or suggestions about the ports, excursions, weather, clothing, etc.?   

We were in an Ocean View cabin and the frig went right under the desk.  It fit just fine there and caused no problems.

It cost $2.00/day and worked very well in keeping drinks cold.  Trivia was held at differrent times from 3:30 to 4:30pm each day in the Crows Nest and 7:00pm in the Mix. Check the Where and When daily program for actual times.  Happy Hour started at 4:00 in the Crows Nest and the Ocean Bar,  first drink full price, 2nd drink for $2.00.  Another Happy Hour was in the Crows Nest at 9:00pm.

Our cruise was from Brisbane to San Fran. so any suggestions for ports and tours don't match your Alaska cruise, sorry.  Also realize the Maasdam is an EXC cruise ship.  There are no singers and dancers on board now.  There are some great on board Lectuers along with local people bringing the local fare to lectures.  There are now zodiacs on board for small tours.  We did not take any so can't give a peronal review however some friends did some zodiac tours and had a good time.  HAL is also doing programs on photography with some good lectures also.  A number of cruisers on our cruise were no aware of the EXC format at the time they booked and were surprised when they got on board with the changes.  We enjoyed it but did miss the singers and dancers. Here is a link to HALs writeup of the EXC program.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/2018-press-releases/news-20180215-holland-america-line-launch-new-exc-in-depth-voyages-feature-zodiac-excursions-up-close-discovery.html

Also, I think the biologist lecturer by the name of Gloeta Massie will still be on board, don't miss her talks.  She is really good and funny.