B2B cruise, who would I call?

Susieinph

I’ve booked back to back cruises to Alaska, July 28 - August 11.  We got a fantastic price for a guarantee inside (we figured we could cruise  two weeks for the price of one week in a balcony, and who doesn’t want to be cruising more?) My question is who do I call to let them know that we are back to back, and if we can get the same staterooms? I booked online through a big box store, would I call them? Or HAL? and which number for HAL? Thanks for your help 😊

Because you booked with a big box agent, you’ll have to deal through them. HAL will refer you back to them, so just call them up to see if your cabin is available for the second leg. 

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

We're booked on a B2B in December, and when I called HAL (booked through future cruise consultant), they told me that since we booked both weeks together, we would stay in the same cabin.  Your TA should be able to verify for you.

All your TA can do is ask for it to be requested that you can stay in the same room.  As  guarantee you might have to change rooms. 

The stewards will help facilitate changing rooms, and you also might get a better stateroom for one cruise or the other or both if you are more flexible.  Changing rooms is not that big of a deal, you only pack your small stuff, they'll take all your hanging clothes on hangers, load your small packed items and luggage onto a luggage cart and move it for you, even while you are in port if you ask them to.   If you want to maximize time in port from early hours you'll want to put your valuables/meds in one or two small bags and possibly have the front desk secure it/them for you, but arrange that with them before hand.  Enjoy, m-- 

3 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Changing rooms is not that big of a deal, you only pack your small stuff, they'll take all your hanging clothes on hangers, load your small packed items and luggage onto a luggage cart and move it for you, even while you are in port if you ask them to.  

You're absolutely correct - moving from one cabin to another is easy.  In our case, they told us to not take anything out of the drawers - the stewards showed up with 2 luggage racks and took everything from the closets along with the full drawers (that included the ones in our night stands) and brought them into the new cabin.  The empty drawers were replaced into our old cabin and the new people were none the wiser.  Hopefully you'll be able to stay in the same cabin for your B2B, but if not, it's not a huge problem.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Even when a passenger asks for a certain cabin for B2B, it may not happen.  More than a year in advance, my son and I booked B2B this coming Christmas, and the cabin we have for the first week wasn't available for the second week, but the cabin next door was available for that 2nd week, so we won't have that far to move.  

I had better luck for July 2020 New England/Canada B2B as I'm in the same cabin for both cruises.  It all depends upon availability.  As others have said, it's no big deal to move.  Enjoy beautiful Alaska.

Thanks everyone for your replies!   It sounds like moving rooms is not too big of a deal. I think I will just leave things as they are and pray to the upgrade fairy! Cruising in any room is better than not cruising. 🤗