Cruising with a CPAP machine.

redrider73

On 5/31/2019 at 10:49 AM, redrider73 said:

Cruising on the Magic for the first time as well as cruising with a CPAP machine for the first time.  Biggest question - Can I bring a gallon size container of distilled water with me?  We will be driving down so I do not have to worry about the airport process.  From other comments, I plan on bringing a power strip but are there any other "tips/suggestions" I need to consider?

I always bring my favorite water.  

On 5/31/2019 at 10:49 AM, redrider73 said:

Cruising on the Magic for the first time as well as cruising with a CPAP machine for the first time.  Biggest question - Can I bring a gallon size container of distilled water with me?  We will be driving down so I do not have to worry about the airport process.  From other comments, I plan on bringing a power strip but are there any other "tips/suggestions" I need to consider?

I've had my CPAP for 20 years now, and have taken it on about 13 cruises.  While I use distilled water at home, I actually use either tap water or the free bottled water I get on Carnival in it.  A one week cruise will NOT cause enough of a problem with your CPAP.  Trust me!  If you absolutely feel the need to use distilled water, order it from Carnival to be delivered to your room.  

Definitely have an extension cord with you to use.  The ship will not be able to accomodate every CPAP user with one onboard.  I always have a 10 foot cord packed in my CPAP bag for traveling.  Quite a few hotel rooms don't have a convenient outlet for me either.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iceleven said:

what about two people in the cabin with C-paps? Any special accommodations for two outlets needed?

17 hours ago, HeavyMetalDeacon said:

Let them know. You may need a surge protector placed near or under the bed

We always travel with 2 cpaps.  You will require a power strip (NOT SURGE PROTECTED) or a multi-outlet plug to be able to plug both in at the same time.

I'm a CPAP user for 22 years!  Usually, my extension cord gets plugged in near the make up table. I simply unplug the cord in the morning and tuck it away out of sight for the day. Simply re plug in at bedtime. No need to try and cover it up during the day.

Edited by CANDYAPPLE
sp
  • Like 1