Restaurant Recommendations - Vancouver BC - Granville area

esmo

We are staying precruise at the Four Seasons hotel in Vancouver BC. I am looking for some restaurant recommendations for the night before we depart. Preferably within reasonable walking distance from our hotel. Any ideas?

Kathy

• Like 1

We were in Vancouver last week and ate at Blue Water Cafe.

It was one of the better dinners we’ve ever experienced. 

Its not far far from your hotel - we stayed at the Pacific Rim and it was a short car ride over.

• Like 1

I have a reservation at a restaurant called Forage. It came up online as one of the top rated, then asked people in our local (NY Tri-state) vacation Facebook page, and someone said they just had an excellent meal there, so I am excited to try it. 

• Like 1

Maybe its time to ask this "nervous Nelly" question.  Blue Water Cafe is on my radar; The Keg is as well because of my previous experience in Montreal.  My Consumer Cellular phone is not Canadian friendly.  I know that I can get from the Pan Pacific via taxi.  But, can I get back via taxi?  I doubt there would be taxis outside either restaurants waiting for me.

Actually there are almost always cabs outside Blue Water - regular patrons are among the most well-heeled in the city so cabbies LOVE to pick up fares there since fancy folks with houses tend to be a $25-40 cab ride away depending on whether they're up the hill or over the bridge. They won't know you're just going to the PP so they'll still let you get in 😉

Kegs will have cabs nearby rather than waiting outside- Yaletown Keg is close to BWC, Dunsmuir keg is close to several swank hotels, and both are in areas where cabs are often flagged on the street due to pubs & restos being plentiful so you probably won't wait long even if you just walk out and look for one rather than calling (which the restos will do for you anyway, even the keg - it may not be a Prime beef swanky place but they pride themselves on excellent customer service).

Plus, any phone or tablet with WiFi can also use the free city network, #vanWiFi, and use online calling or an App to call a cab.

22 hours ago, martincath said:

Actually there are almost always cabs outside Blue Water - regular patrons are among the most well-heeled in the city so cabbies LOVE to pick up fares there since fancy folks with houses tend to be a $25-40 cab ride away depending on whether they're up the hill or over the bridge. They won't know you're just going to the PP so they'll still let you get in 😉

Kegs will have cabs nearby rather than waiting outside- Yaletown Keg is close to BWC, Dunsmuir keg is close to several swank hotels, and both are in areas where cabs are often flagged on the street due to pubs & restos being plentiful so you probably won't wait long even if you just walk out and look for one rather than calling (which the restos will do for you anyway, even the keg - it may not be a Prime beef swanky place but they pride themselves on excellent customer service).

Plus, any phone or tablet with WiFi can also use the free city network, #vanWiFi, and use online calling or an App to call a cab.

Truly appreciate your response.  My very basic cell phone does not have the ability for it to be used in Canada.  Maybe an unreasonable fear on my part since walking long distances is something I really ought not to do, but not being able to get a taxi from wherever I am back to my hotel is a major travel concern of mine. 

14 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Truly appreciate your response.  My very basic cell phone does not have the ability for it to be used in Canada.  Maybe an unreasonable fear on my part since walking long distances is something I really ought not to do, but not being able to get a taxi from wherever I am back to my hotel is a major travel concern of mine. 

No problem, any resto will call you a cab and we even have some payphone's around still - but double-check your cellphone, as it may well have the capacity to use WiFi (for free, without any roaming required or calling up your phone provider - even Tracfones which cannot be used in Canada can use WiFi if it's part of the hardware, which all but the most basic flip phones have).

• Like 1