MSC Bellissima Itinerary May 2020 and onwards....

lifeasme123

Hi J ... there's nothing showing on either the Ireland or Germany MSC websites for Bellissima after April 2020.  She ends her repositioning trip from Japan in UAE, so, chances are, she'll spend Summer 2020 in the region.

I see that Lirica will be based in UAE for the Summer 2020 season. 

30 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

MSC Bellissima will stay in Asia after the repositioning cruise March/April 2020 as per MSC website UK (news of April 2018).

Link: https://www.msccruises.co.uk/news/msc-bellissima-asia-spring-2020

No itineraries for Bellissima cruises in Asia posted on MSC USA website.

The OP is looking for cruises from April 2020 and we are making here aware there is nothing showing on the website or in the brochure 

Liz

1 minute ago, emmas gran said:

The OP is looking for cruises from April 2020 and we are making here aware there is nothing showing on the website or in the brochure 

Liz

That's correct Liz. Thanks for letting me know that the brochures do not have itineraries past April 2020 either.

I hope they will release it soon....

47 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Liz

Hi Liz,

the OP asked “Does anybody knows where Bellissima will go after April 2020 after Tokyo”. My answer includes the link to MSC stating that Bellissima will cruise in Asia and the fact that no itineraries are posted on MSC USA website. 

So, that is basically a confirmation on region (Asia) and a “No” to itineraries after April 2020.

MSC usually doesn't offer cruises to those other than Chinese/Japanese when sailing in the region - hence no sign of itineraries available in this neck of the world.  Practically everything onboard will be in either Chinese or Japanese.

11 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

MSC usually doesn't offer cruises to those other than Chinese/Japanese when sailing in the region - hence no sign of itineraries available in this neck of the world.  Practically everything onboard will be in either Chinese or Japanese.

Oh....that makes sense....bummer

Wonder how I can check....

You could have a look at the cruises offered on MSC Splendida this summer in Asia, as I guess Bellissima will be doing something similar next year.   When I last looked there were the odd China to Tokyo (and vice versa) re positioning cruises, as well as one Japan 7 day round trip.

I took a 4 day Shanghai to Tokyo cruise last year on Splendida and it was great.  Prices are very competitive compared to flying, it just takes a bit longer and you eat more!!

19 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

You could have a look at the cruises offered on MSC Splendida this summer in Asia, as I guess Bellissima will be doing something similar next year.   When I last looked there were the odd China to Tokyo (and vice versa) re positioning cruises, as well as one Japan 7 day round trip.

I took a 4 day Shanghai to Tokyo cruise last year on Splendida and it was great.  Prices are very competitive compared to flying, it just takes a bit longer and you eat more!!

Great info!  Thank you.  I just checked the site to look at the itinerary.  I wonder if Bellissima is replacing it....

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

In short, I don't believe that MSC has announced any of their itineraries beyond April.  As a side note, we just got off of Bellissima within the past week and had a great time!

Great to hear!!!  We were on Meraviglia before (and will again this Oct) and had a great time.  

I'm still waiting to see the repositioning cruise that goes from Europe to South Africa in the fall of 2020. No South Africa cruises are posted for the fall yet. Perhaps the Bellisima falls in the category of those not posted yet. Not sure how to find out when they will release them.

I just checked back to when we booked the repo to Sth Africa for 2016 - it was on 2nd July 2015.  Now, that's not to say that it was only available from that date, but it could mean that it'll be available to book by at least this time next month.

Bellissima is a different situation as MSC probably won't sell its itineraries in this part of the world - they never did when Lirica homeported in China for the Summer season. 

On 6/2/2019 at 5:59 PM, Beamafar said:

Hi J ... there's nothing showing on either the Ireland or Germany MSC websites for Bellissima after April 2020.  She ends her repositioning trip from Japan in UAE, so, chances are, she'll spend Summer 2020 in the region.

I see that Lirica will be based in UAE for the Summer 2020 season. 

Hi Bea - as you stated...I found this while researching.  That is a bummer if we are unable to book this.  

MSC Cruises has announced that MSC Bellissima will deploy to China in the spring of 2020. The ship will also sail several itineraries from Japan. 

• Like 1