Shore Excursion Perk for solo

molole

2 minutes ago, molole said:

Is it still $50 per stateroom per port for solo travelers?  I get $50 if I go by myself?  

Yes... one thing we actually benefit from. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, in the Caribbean it can make excursions free or nearly free depending on what you select. Also know that it can be used for a city tour and airport transfer type excursion at the end of the trip. Great way to wrap up vacation and get to the airport without worrying about your luggage. 

• Like 2

Yes indeed CazV. We confirmed it with NCL ourselves before we added the Free at Sea offer for our trip on Jade in 2 weeks time (yikes!). Of course having paid 150% of the sticker price for the cabin in the first place means we're still penalised for going solo, but hey we grab our benefits where we can!

• Like 2

I'm looking at doing an 11 day cruise, with 9 ports.  At a $450 value, it's a no brainer for me.  I'm choosing this perk.  I know people always say the cruise ship excursions are overpriced, but when you're solo I think it makes the excursions cheaper than booking on your own.  Two cruises ago, I took this perk and loved it.  didn't pay more than $40 for any excursion.  On my last cruise, they had free airfare as one of the options, and I took that.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm looking at doing an 11 day cruise, with 9 ports.  At a $450 value, it's a no brainer for me.  I'm choosing this perk.  I know people always say the cruise ship excursions are overpriced, but when you're solo I think it makes the excursions cheaper than booking on your own.  Two cruises ago, I took this perk and loved it.  didn't pay more than $40 for any excursion.  On my last cruise, they had free airfare as one of the options, and I took that.

Totally agree about solo and ship excursions.   When I cruise solo I like to book ship excursions for convenience.  Also, maybe I have been searching in the wrong places but I have never found independent excursions all that much cheaper.  

I did notice NCL inflated their shore excursion prices, at least for my Alaska cruise.   On my cruise almost every exclusion is somewhere between $15 to $40 more than the exact same exclusion on other lines like Carnival, Princess, Royal.  Taking that into account the real value of the shore excursion credit is less than $50 per port.   

2 hours ago, molole said:

Totally agree about solo and ship excursions.   When I cruise solo I like to book ship excursions for convenience.  Also, maybe I have been searching in the wrong places but I have never found independent excursions all that much cheaper.  

I have just booked a studio cabin and initially went for the "Free at sea" option of drinks and shore ex. However, looking at the various excursions in the 5 ports sailing from Rome, I decided that the itinerary of them and the price (even taking into account the $50 credit) was really not what I was looking for, so I have changed my package to the 3 night specialty dining instead. I have decided to do my own thing on the 5 ports, using public transport or the various Ho-Ho buses.

• Like 1