Second Contact with Concierge after Welcome email- Allure

We are cruising on Allure on Sunday. Received our email today ; responded with requests for dinner times, cabana, etc.

Will either of the concierges contact us prior to embarkation or do we play the "hold my breath and see if I can eat in CK because  we are in only  a lowly GS" game?

Would rather know if my requests are filed to avoid any feelings of pissed-offednesss on embarkation day!  We also cannot board early as we have a situation requiring us to fly in very late after driving to ATL from Gettysburg. ( what we dont do for our kids, right?!)

any experience is appreciated.

Thanks so much!!!

Edited by Danitroline
can not spell for beans today

10 minutes ago, Danitroline said:

We are cruising on Allure on Sunday. Received our email today ; responded with requests for dinner times, cabana, etc.

Will either of the concierges contact us prior to embarkation or do we play the "hold my breath and see if I can eat in CK because  we are in only  a lowly GS" game?

Would rather know if my requests are filed to avoid any feelings of pissed-offednesss on embarkation day!  We also cannot board early as we have a situation requiring us to fly in very late after driving to ATL from Gettysburg. ( what we dont do for our kids, right?!)

any experience is appreciated.

Thanks so much!!!

We did get a reply to our request for CK reservations but it was "we will do our best".  We responded back asking for confirmation because we were going to book MTD reservations instead and they replied that all of our CK reservation times had been honored and we were all set.

just request the times and days you want dinner in CK. GS has just as much right to CK as any stateroom. When I emailed the times I wanted for dinner I didn't receive a confirmation but after we boarded we check and our standing reservation was there 

When we were on Oasis in 2017, I received the concierge email on the Monday prior to sailing, replied right away, and had a response confirming everything we requested by the Friday prior to sailing (embarkation day was Saturday). 

Bear in mind that the concierges are also busy on the present week's sailing handling the needs of current suite guests, so I'm sure it can be difficult to get back to everyone who will be on the next sailing right away.

5 minutes ago, PlanetX said:

When we were on Oasis in 2017, I received the concierge email on the Monday prior to sailing, replied right away, and had a response confirming everything we requested by the Friday prior to sailing (embarkation day was Saturday). 

Bear in mind that the concierges are also busy on the present week's sailing handling the needs of current suite guests, so I'm sure it can be difficult to get back to everyone who will be on the next sailing right away.

I do understand this; NCL has been our "go to' for sometime and they respond within 30 minutes. Just looking for personal experiences.

Having just sailed the Allure on May 5th. and when we did receive our welcome e-mail, from Nancy and Dexter, we did request our CK  times.

And besides a GS is a suite that has CK as a perk.

From experience we have found that the 5:30 - 6:00pm dinner request is usually the first to fill up.

We were able to get every night on that sailing for 6 pm.

We will be more flexible on this upcoming June 30th. cruise and request a later time, which we are hoping to get with no issues.

I can only hope others can be flexible too.

Good Luck.

Let us know how it goes.

18 minutes ago, Danitroline said:

The text of my email respectfully indicated that confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Then the concierge may need a reminder.

19 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Then the concierge may need a reminder.

Hi, Bob 

He emailed us this morning after a gentle reminder- thanks for the suggestion!

Have a great day

Gist of the reply is that we did get our desired location for cabana and that he was putting all our reservations in; please confirm on board.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Danitroline said:

Hi, Bob 

He emailed us this morning after a gentle reminder- thanks for the suggestion!

Have a great day

Gist of the reply is that we did get our desired location for cabana and that he was putting all our reservations in; please confirm on board.

Thanks!

Glad it worked out for you, and thanks for reporting back.