Coral Princess Shipboard Account Issues

paradiselivin1

Just off the Coral last Wednesday and had significant problems with the shipboard account. This was my first cruise with Princess where my cabin-mate was not my spouse. Naturally, my cousin and I had established separate shipboard accounts as we weren't looking to pay for each other's expenses.  The first problems reared their ugly heads after the first day at sea. Her account was charged for drinks that she (or I) did not make. Her account was also charged for the specialty restaurant and (separate extra tip) that I had signed for ~ she didn't even have a card to present at the time as I was treating her to a birthday dinner.  We got it all corrected and then had a similar problem several more times when her charges ended up on my account and vice versa.  I did end up speaking to the head of customer service after our third trip to the front desk. Of course he sincerely apologized but I wanted to give him the courtesy to let him know of the issues as I was going to include that in my review of the cruise and didn't think it would be fair to blindside him if I didn't mention on the cruise. The funny thing is that it happened again after shortly having the conversation with him but we sat in the Bayou until they switched the charges appropriately.  Just beware ~ not something you want to face on the last day of your cruise before departing the ship!

I might be a little off base here, but it sounds/seems like when you were filling out the information on your Cruise Personalizer, when you were doing the account/payment page, you might have checked the box that included both names of the people in the cabin. I had that happen to me a long time ago. After that, I always made sure that I was the only one authorized on that particular room account.