Haven cruise next certificates

Hi in the old days.... you could use them for a total deposit, but not anymore, you can still use them towards the deposit, ie: $500 if you have 2 but you still have to pay the remaining deposit right away, which is HUGE for a suite or Haven.  I bought 4 cruise certs on my last cruise and the cruise consultant promised me that I could use them in total for a suite and not have to pay extra but when home, was told by NCL that is not the case, I can still use them but it isn't the whole amount.

So I used them to book a minisuite because then I didn't pay extra for a deposit, and will wait to closer to see if any suites are left and try and do the bidding thing that is new to me.  

Yeah, suites and haven deposits are huge.....

Leah

• 2 months later...

As long as it's a Haven-specific cruise next voucher, you can use it on the Garden Villa for the entire deposit.  They're $500 a piece.  I once got into a disagreement with the cruise consultant because she kept trying to down-sell my father to the standard cruise next vouchers.  Thankfully, her manager overheard and confirmed her that I was correct.  🙂  You need to specifically ask for the more expensive cruise next option. 

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:40 AM, browniegirl said:

Hi in the old days.... you could use them for a total deposit, but not anymore, you can still use them towards the deposit, ie: $500 if you have 2 but you still have to pay the remaining deposit right away, which is HUGE for a suite or Haven.  I bought 4 cruise certs on my last cruise and the cruise consultant promised me that I could use them in total for a suite and not have to pay extra but when home, was told by NCL that is not the case, I can still use them but it isn't the whole amount.

So I used them to book a minisuite because then I didn't pay extra for a deposit, and will wait to closer to see if any suites are left and try and do the bidding thing that is new to me.  

Yeah, suites and haven deposits are huge.....

Leah

How recent are the old days ?

2 years ago I purchased a Haven cc $1000 (2 @$500) getting $250 OBC back and the premise of being able to

book a Haven or GV suite with them as full down payment.

The hitch - the catch the free OBC is reduced from $500 down to $250 for this discount of the down payment.

This was and is a good deal in the savings of thousands of dollars of the down payment requirements to reserve

a Haven suite GV OS DOS only paying full up at Final Payment time.

But this is  NCL that is Norwegian CHANGE Line where change is the middle name.

Maybe the rules have changed - will have to check that out in few weeks when cruising - plan on buying a

compliment of ccs for the next bucket list cruise.