Kon Tiki Party Boat

• 2 weeks later...

It's a massive party barge that goes to Honeymoon Beach at Water Island.  If you're into the party barge scene, cool...but it's a LOT of people.

For me a better experience is to grab a taxi to the water island ferry dock.  the ferry is ten bucks, and the beach is walking distance down a little dirt road.  There are 2 awesome bar/restaurants on either end of the beach.

• Like 1

My husband and I took this excursion several years ago. We went first thing in the morning. It wasn't overly crowded or a party crowd. There were mainly middle aged or older people on board. It was a nice tour of the island, followed by some time at Honeymoon Beach which was very nice - calm water with no drop off to get in. They had restrooms and a snack bar at the beach, and it wasn't crowded. I'm sure it depends on who happens to sign up for the tour. We had a good group of people on board and we enjoyed it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 2:23 PM, Giventofly said:

It's a massive party barge that goes to Honeymoon Beach at Water Island.  If you're into the party barge scene, cool...but it's a LOT of people.

For me a better experience is to grab a taxi to the water island ferry dock.  the ferry is ten bucks, and the beach is walking distance down a little dirt road.  There are 2 awesome bar/restaurants on either end of the beach.

This sounds really interesting! Can you give me any more details? Like how long are the taxi and ferry rides? How would we know where to walk once we got off the ferry? Sorry just any additional details would be great! This really sounds like a nice way to spend the day! Thanks

There's a new water shuttle that runs from WICO/Havensight to town and Crown Bay for $5 per person each way. Very nice. Once you get to Crown Bay ask for the ferry to Water Island.

The Harbor Hopper Water Shuttle docks between Havensight and Yacht Haven Grande. Pay cash when you board. They're online and Facebook.

3 hours ago, Cricket551 said:

This sounds really interesting! Can you give me any more details? Like how long are the taxi and ferry rides? How would we know where to walk once we got off the ferry? Sorry just any additional details would be great! This really sounds like a nice way to spend the day! Thanks

Cricket:  Take a 15 minute-ish taxi ride to Crown Bay Marina.  From there, the ferry runs once an hour, on the hour from Tickles Dockside Pub.  The trip across takes less than 10 minutes.    Fare is 10 bucks round trip.

When you get to water island, there's a free shuttle bus waiting that takes you to one of the 2 bars on honeymoon beach..  Easy peasy.

Pro Tip:   Dinghey's bar charges for beach chairs, Heidi's does not....and I personally think the food is MUCH better at Heidis.  Dinghey's is more of a sports-bar, party vibe, and Heidi's feels more like a local watering hole.   

If you'r looking for more of an activity, you can rent a golf cart from where the ferry docks, and explore for a couple of hours.  There's some old WWII ruins (there's a sign at the little outdoor post office with info about that). There's also a cobblestone beach on the opposite side of the island that's very pretty, has some snorkeling, but is usually pretty rough with waves.

Edited by Giventofly
link won't work.

On 11/29/2019 at 8:29 PM, 2 cruzen said:

Has anyone done the Kon Tiki excursion lately?  Wondering how it is and if you can rent SUP boards at the beach.  Thanks  

Dinghey's has paddle boards and kayaks, and on really busy days there's a guy in the middle of the beach that rents sea doos.