Can I delete a post?

Thought I was quoting a response to my original post when I posted a new comment. 

But then saw that I was not and posted another response WITH the appropriate comment quoted. 

Then went back to the original comment that did not include the quote and found that the edit option was no longer showing up. 

Is there any way to delete my comment without the quoted information? It looks messy & is now duplicated info. and more for mobile users to scroll through. It’s ridiculous that self-deleting is not allowed as every other message board & online community has a way.

I’m hoping someone can help! 🙂 

[although this is a new user name, I was a member previously years ago w an email address I can no longer access so am not a newbie to CC 🙂 ]

11 minutes ago, gusmom said:

Is there any way to delete my comment without the quoted information?

To ask for the post to be edited or deleted, you should click the "Report post" link near the top right-hand corner of the post concerned and explain to the moderators what has happened and what you're asking to be done about it.

Telling them that very long-standing CC policy is "ridiculous" is, however, unlikely to be a productive strategy. :classic_wink: