Sailing from Kobe, Japan

westcliffo

50 minutes ago, westcliffo said:

Hi:

We will be sailing out of Kobe, Japan next June. Can anyone tell me what airport I should fly into from Canada?

Thank you.

You can either fly into

Itami (ITM) or Kansai (KIX)

KIX is probably the best bet flying from Canada as ITM is for domestic...

Edited by Love2cruise77

Hi,

If you look at a map you will see that the main international airports are KIX in Osaka and NRT in Tokyo.

Osaka is of course closer to Kobe.

You will have to do some research from your city in Canada to see where you can easily fly and if you can get a connecting flight from where you land that's closer to Kobe.

Prices also may be very different depending on the airport.

Trains are very efficient in Japan and it is quite common to land for example in Tokyo and then the next day take a fast train to Kobe. The same will go for landing in Osaka and taking a train.

Kobe is not usually a place where international flights land.

I have enjoyed 2 land trips to Japan and so you may find that landing in a convenient airport and then spending some time before the cruise may work out well for you!

Edited by riffatsea

Comments in post #4 are valid (train travel in Japan is excellent).  You won't find flights from the U.S. or Canada directly into Itami or Kobe airports, both are domestic Japan only so far as I know.

Another option worth being aware of is the direct ferry from Osaka Kansai airport (the main international airport) to Kobe airport.  The ferry takes 30 minutes across Osaka bay and leaves once or twice each hour.  It's a very civilized service operated with Japanese efficiency.  Cost is around $15 per person.

Here's info:  http://www.kobe-access.jp/eng/time.php

Finally, there are limited international flights into Nagoya airport to the East of Osaka city.  This could be yet another option, closer than Tokyo but not a convenient as Osaka Kansai.

Edited by jondfk
added price for ferry