Constellation Sky Suitr

tinaclose

A few months ago We booked a Guarantee Sky Suite for our upcoming September Med cruise. I just saw on the Celebrity website that we have been assigned an accessible room. Has anyone stayed in one before and what can we expect?  Will the special equipment take away from the ambience of the room?

It is relatively common to be assigned an accessible suite with a guarantee.  They are larger than the regular SS the biggest difference is the bathroom, you will have a room in shower,  no tub.  If the ship is rocking the water from the shower will cover the floor, just get done extra towels from the cabin attendant and create a barrier.  There will be a small ramp to the veranda but overall not a bad cabin.  On the MClass the SS are small so the extra floor space is a plus.

How is it that people 'often' get an accessible room on a guarantee? Whenever I have tried to book an accessible room...even 12 months prior to sail date, there have never been any (at least balcony level) accessible rooms available? 

Suites in general seem to sell out quickly.  Quite often when I am looking to book a Suite the only available ones are the accessible ones which I can’t book and rightfully so.  If there are accessible cabins available near sailing those will be assigned to guarantees.  

On a cruise last year Suite guarantees were offered about a month before sailing.  3 couples from our Roll Call upgraded to a Suite Guarantee and were assigned an accessible SS.  We have also been assigned a accessible SS on a guarantee.   Not sure why those Suites often go unsold.

We had an accessible sky suite on the infinity a few years ago through a guarantee. It was the first room beside the elevator. No noise, but it made the balcony somewhat smaller.  Room was generously sized. Shower comments above are correct. 

You can see the elevator behind me on this balcony pic. 

6324EABC-6E9C-4DA4-AB64-C553EF324604.jpeg

538D3D70-5EC6-4A05-B555-043BE9E4D7E1.jpeg