2021 Grand Cruises and World Cruise?

Floridiana

IIRC, it's still a wee bit early in June for the release of the schedules/itineraries.
My memory is that when I was interested in a segment of the 2019 World Cruise it was later in June, 2017 that I got the information, and was able to book.
I would be looking for it during the last half of the month.

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

The 2020 Grand Africa is out, and the 2021 WC should be published this month.  Are you going to do the Grand Asia again if it is ever offered?

Is there information (rumors) that they will offer it again in 2021?  We would love to do that itinerary.

A couple sites have published the 2021 World.   Whether it is accurate or not remains to be seen.  What I've seen on a site is into the Amazon, Devil's Island, across to Aruba, through the Canal to Puerto Vallarta.  Then straight across the Pacific to Hawaii, Guam, Palau, etc.  Japan, Beijing, Shanghai, Honk Kong, Vietnam, Singapore.  Then the normal Indian Ocean ports, Mumbai, Dubai, Oman, through the Suez.  Istanbul, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Athens, Naples, Cadiz, then across to FLL.

9 hours ago, Floridiana said:

Which sites? Never mind, found one.

Site I looked at showed the ship was the Volendam. 

My agent called me a few days ago and said, according to HAL's world cruise dept., the 2021 world cruise will be announced late this month.

This afternoon I received a "Welcome Back" email from HAL for the 2021 World Cruise. The itinerary is shown and by accessing the payment section, I was able to see the fare.  

The cruise is on the Amsterdam (a cruise agency web site showed the Volendam).

According to world cruise dept., the cruise will open up June 18.

Previous world cruisers or perhaps only those who booked through HAL or with a HAL personal cruise consultant.  I'm anxiously waiting for more news about that.  While on the Grand South America I put in a request for a segment of the World Cruise.  My ideal would be able to have the first segment end in Manaus and then fly to Buenos Aires to catch the January 30 Antarctica cruise.

Roy

4 hours ago, Floridiana said:

Seems they only sent it to previous world cruisers.

No, this will be my first world cruise.  I did do the 89 night South Pacific/Grand Asia last Fall and also had booked my $100. deposit with HAL but I don't know how much that had to do with it. I was told they were notifying people in the order they had placed their deposit. 

29 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

It's the deposit then. We were on the same 89 night cruise. Loved it! No deposit though. We are always looking at several lines and decide based on the itinerary.

Since the $100. deposit per person is fully refundable, there is nothing to lose by doing so and it certainly doesn't stop a person from checking other cruise offerings. 

• 2 months later...