No longer a Cuba Cruise, do I ask for my $$ Back?

SGilly

1 hour ago, C cruise said:

that isn't the way it was worded...I still think its 50% on this one and another 50% on a future cruise

How can we get clarification on this and will it show when I try to book a cruise or will NCL mail me a voucher?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dpkd said:

How can we get clarification on this and will it show when I try to book a cruise or will NCL mail me a voucher?

We went through this 2 years ago.  It is a set amount put into your NCL

Latitudes account after you have sailed.  50% of the base cruise fare paid on the “Cuba” cruise.  You can’t see the credit in your account nor do you get a coupon/voucher from NCL.  You have to call NCL to have the credit applied to a new cruise booking.  No credit until after you have sailed.  

If if you call NCL they will clarify the same but probably not worth the long hold times right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

We went through this 2 years ago.  It is a set amount put into your NCL

Latitudes account after you have sailed.  50% of the base cruise fare paid on the “Cuba” cruise.  You can’t see the credit in your account nor do you get a coupon/voucher from NCL.  You have to call NCL to have the credit applied to a new cruise booking.  No credit until after you have sailed.  

If if you call NCL they will clarify the same but probably not worth the long hold times right now.

Thank you! 

5 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Is it really 2 for 1?  I thought you  only got 50% of what you paid for the Cuba cruise.  So if it was only a $700 fare you're only getting $350 back.....that won't cover a new cruise.

It's still money that won't be coming out of my pocket.  We cruise every year,  so it's a good offer!

Edited by navy60wife
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Granny DI said:

Received an email today advertising Bahama Cruises for $169 pp. The cruises are on the NCL Sun.

We just booked the Sun at this price for June 17.  The June 10 price was the same but we had other commitments for next week.  Not sure if this was a Cuba cruise originally, but the price is good for a short summer time getaway.  The Sky also has 4 nighters out of Miami for this price in June.  The 3 nighters on both are way more expensive,  I assume because they were not Cuban cruises and they are not getting cancellations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C cruise said:

that isn't the way it was worded...I still think its 50% on this one and another 50% on a future cruise

Yes. As far as I understand...I paid $959 per person for a balcony room, plus taxes port charges and fees, Cuba Visa, etc. I'm expecting to get $959 plus tax and the total cost of the Visa back now. I'm expecting that I will have a credit of $959 towards my next cruise. Am I incorrect?

14 minutes ago, SGilly said:

Yes. As far as I understand...I paid $959 per person for a balcony room, plus taxes port charges and fees, Cuba Visa, etc. I'm expecting to get $959 plus tax and the total cost of the Visa back now. I'm expecting that I will have a credit of $959 towards my next cruise. Am I incorrect?

Total amount is right, but the future credit goes into each persons NCL account and is non transferable.  So, it would be 479.50 per person future credit after you complete the “Cuba” cruise.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SGilly said:

Getting 50% back, this would mean you would get 479.50 per person back now, and that same amount in a 50% off credit on your next cruise, which means you would have to purchase a cruise valued at 959 or above to get your (half) full 479 back..

9 minutes ago, mistercy said:

Getting 50% back, this would mean you would get 479.50 per person back now, and that same amount in a 50% off credit on your next cruise, which means you would have to purchase a cruise valued at 959 or above to get your (half) full 479 back..

No, I don't think that's correct. It's not 50% off a second cruise, but that same 50% from the original cruise towards a second cruise, in another words, if we find a cruise that costs $479.50 per person, it will be free (plus tax and port charges.)

Edited by SGilly
incorrect wording

22 minutes ago, SGilly said:

No, I don't think that's correct. It's not 50% off a second cruise, but that same 50% from the original cruise towards a second cruise, in another words, if we find a cruise that costs $479.50 per person, it will be free (plus tax and port charges.)

Your explanation is how the future credit worked for us.  Our 50% credit covered 80% of the base fare of the future cruise we booked.

This does bring up a good point regarding your original post.  Where do you think you would want to go on the future cruise?  If you are looking for inexpensive cruises, you will likely end up with the same Bahamas itinerary you will be taking this time.  May make more sense for you to take the full refund now and book a longer cruise with a different itinerary.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

The 1st part is right . Take the cruise and your fare ill be refunded 50% ..... the 2nd part, 50% off a future cruise isn't.

The 50% Future Cruise Credit off a cruise at a later date is a discount applied based on 50% of the fare paid for the cancelled Cuba cruise.

So if you paid $600 per person for the Cuba cruise, the Future Cruise Credit is $300 per person.

The way you worded this makes it sound like one could book a $1298 per person balcony and pay only $649 per person. 

If they paid $1698 for the first cruise they would get $849 and cruise #2 was the same price they would actually cruise for free. It depends on how much you paid for the 1st cruise Adguy.. 

Hmmm... Some people love making people feel stupid..

oh wait!! LOL

Edited by Hockeydad1972
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, SGilly said:

We're at an impasse-not sure what to do. Given the option to sail at half price and a future cruise discount OR cancelling the cruise. I'm curious, which choice are you taking and why?

If going to Cuba was the only reason you were taking the cruise, I guess I would cancel, but when when you think about the offer it would be worth it to me to take the cruise. Only you can really decide. We all cruise for different reasons and we all have our own ideas. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, herdingdogmom said:

Your explanation is how the future credit worked for us.  Our 50% credit covered 80% of the base fare of the future cruise we booked.

This does bring up a good point regarding your original post.  Where do you think you would want to go on the future cruise?  If you are looking for inexpensive cruises, you will likely end up with the same Bahamas itinerary you will be taking this time.  May make more sense for you to take the full refund now and book a longer cruise with a different itinerary.

It was a Mother/Daughter Cruise, and yes, Cuba was the only reason to take the cruise. I do like to cruise-she's not a big fan. We were looking for a sightseeing/educational experience without her having to take too much time from work. We can sit by the pool or swim in the ocean within a short walk from home. That being said, I believe if we cancel, she probably won't take a much needed break from work. 

14 hours ago, C cruise said:

Perhaps you got something worded differently. The wording I got is:

Sailings through and including September 2, 2019

Guests booked on cruises to Cuba through September 2, 2019 have two options:

• Sail the revised itinerary receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid as well as a 50% future cruise credit valid through December 31, 2020.
  • Cancel the booking and receive a full refund. If guests choose this option, we must be notified no later than June 11, 2019, midnight EST.

A 50% Future Cruise Credit is not the same thing as a 50% Discount off of a future cruise.

If it were a 50% discount, you could book a $5000 per person Haven Suite for $2500 per person.

Using my example from above in Post 18,  if you paid $600 per person for the Cuba cruise, the Future Cruise Credit is $300 per person.

A $1298 per person balcony (less the $300 FCC) would be $998 per person

The $5000 per person Haven (less the $300 FCC) would be $4700 per person

A $309 per person Interior (less the $300 FCC) would be $9 per person

Government fees and taxes would be additional.

• Like 2