LIVE: Bliss Alaska June 9- Haven & Expecting

AtlantaAlly

We had Food Republic for lunch. You get 4 items per specialty voucher. So two of us used ours- we got 8 items- enough for 4 of us to share! 

We had a bit of a hiccup checking in. They said we were all out of specialty plan. So we had to work it out. We found out that teppanyaki charged us twice. So it took a bit to work that out but then we were able to order and the food started coming quickly- very quickly. Maybe we could have ordered things in pieces and it would have been staggered? Not sure how that works with the dining plan. 

9E8899D6-4FE7-4AC5-ADDA-06F87481C164.jpeg

A60243CA-AE6D-4042-AC84-37A3A3DBB526.jpeg

054D40FB-FC2D-40F7-94FF-62BB0A9AD8E2.jpeg

749ED7DE-32DC-4EF7-B00F-12D390757B12.jpeg

5B68FAA4-8903-4374-B205-5D5BAFE442C1.jpeg

19CDAE63-3D59-40CD-9858-8EF38F01E9B9.jpeg

07243FDB-CA1A-427C-8828-255ACABB2053.jpeg

68405693-7450-4A1E-8C56-FE09FBE92940.jpeg

FE7D14AA-FF21-4DD3-9017-4547F3F456AF.jpeg

FCADF9D9-2EE4-49D2-8362-73B081C9E6AD.jpeg

698E58F4-25FB-461D-A1DF-4FCD3A9F1002.jpeg

Part of the Muster Drill should include mandatory elevator etiquette instruction. Things like:

1) if there is someone waiting on an elevator standing with a walker/cane, it’s courteous to let them go first, pushing them out of the way is not courteous

2) don’t stand in the middle of the door blocking all entering and exiting passengers. If you must stand there, exit to allow people to get off. 

3) don’t press the up button again until the doors on the current up elevator close, they will re-open and the others will pass us because it isn’t pressed. 

4) don’t fart on the elevator.

7 hours ago, AtlantaAlly said:

We had Food Republic for lunch. You get 4 items per specialty voucher. So two of us used ours- we got 8 items- enough for 4 of us to share! 

I thought Food Republic wasn't eligible for the dining package meals.  Is it because it was lunch or maybe it is just allowed on the Bliss?

1 hour ago, herdingdogmom said:

I thought Food Republic wasn't eligible for the dining package meals.  Is it because it was lunch or maybe it is just allowed on the Bliss?

I thought so too, but took the perspective of “can’t hurt to ask.” And it didn’t!

I feel like I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the ipads, because it was a noticeable difference for me. And maybe other lines do it now too, and you can call me old fashioned. I didn’t care for the fact that servers were staring at iPads and tapping away at your order instead of making eye contact and pleasantries. Made it a bit colder. On Royal, I remember waiters would memorize your meal, and it would show up accurately. Maybe it is easier because they have the same people for 7 days? Not sure, but I didn’t much care for the iPads while ordering- and it was everywhere.

• 1 month later...

This was a great review.  I just wanted to note for others that TEMSCO was the subcontractor for the helicopters for Princess (I'm assuming NCL also).  It's about 10% cheaper to book directly with them.  Also, when I called the Juneau office to book they very kindly hinted I should book in Skagway instead.  As it turns out, the weather is more stable in Stagway than Juneau so it is less likely to be cancelled.  And absolutely as you noted, they try to squeeze in the morning reservations later if they are cancelled.  

I was pregnant with my first on this cruise; best of luck to you and your growing family!