transfer on board credit more than once?

39august

While on board the Navigator I booked a Freedom cruise to get the on board credit. Then I transferred that booking to a Jewel cruise and retained my on board credit. Now I see that I can go to vitually the same ports on Explorer for less money. Does RCI allow you to transfer your booking and keep your on board credit more than once? I know Princess does.

I am under the impression that you can only transfer your booking once and still hold onto your shipboard credit. You might want to contact your TA or Royal Caribbean directly to get an answer on that.

I am under the impression that you can only transfer your booking once and still hold onto your shipboard credit. You might want to contact your TA or Royal Caribbean directly to get an answer on that.

If you contact RCI and they tell you that you can, you had better write downt the name of the person who tells you this, the date and time of day you call. My experience has been that if you ask RCI the exact same question more than once, you'll get a different answer almost every time. You might get better information asking an knowledgable TA. The discounter I've used in the past seems to have trouble getting the right answer to the simplest of questions or requests.

What I have understood is that you can only transfer a booking number once. After that, you're given a new booking number. When you get a new booking number you lose your onboard credit.

However, since I've never wanted to take a chance, or needed to take a chance for that matter, I have no first hand experience in doing this. I've only transfered booking numbers once but never more than once.

While on board the Navigator I booked a Freedom cruise to get the on board credit. Then I transferred that booking to a Jewel cruise and retained my on board credit. Now I see that I can go to vitually the same ports on Explorer for less money. Does RCI allow you to transfer your booking and keep your on board credit more than once? I know Princess does.

Yes, they do, but just be sure you address it when you are changing it, and get it IN WRITING, in a confirmation email. I had to chase mine down last week, and it's still not settled. But, I will get it back. Oh, and I didn't transfer the cruise to another ship, just changed the dates. 3 times.:)

Archived