Using the App

Hi, 

In August we are on the Allure and I downloaded the new app.  I did check in on there because I thought it was cool.  I was not ready to take my photo and my daughter is not available to take hers.  Can we get back into the app to take the photos?  

Also, we are traveling with others and can we use the app to text each other for free or only those in the same cabin as you?

And do i need to print the set sail pass or can I just use the app for it at the dock?

Thank you for the help!

CM

Edited by leith

photo not required. they usually retake at port anyway. and if the messaging is available you can text with anyone, you just have to set it up with them.

and I would print out the setsail pass

Edited by dwayneb236

2 hours ago, leith said:

Can we get back into the app to take the photos?  

Also, we are traveling with others and can we use the app to text each other for free or only those in the same cabin as you?

And do i need to print the set sail pass or can I just use the app for it at the dock?

Yes. 

You can text anyone onboard once you set it up. 

You can use just the app one but good idea to have a printed version. 

I recently did my Check in on line. When I got to the tick box for currency conversion ( Credit Card) there was only one box to tick instead of the usual 2. If ticked, this allowed RCCL to do the conversion.

i didn’t tick, as past experience informs me that it is cheaper for my Credit Card to do the conversion, especially as my Post Office C.C charges 0% conversion fee. 

I was allowed to continue without ticking.

21 minutes ago, Mawelch said:

. But nothing ever goes wrong with smart phones

It would if you had run out of Data and were not in a wi- fi zone!!!😥

One other addition to my post above, I was informed that I could print or get a digital copy of my Set Sail pass, but no where is there an option on line to get this digital copy, only the option to print.

I am assuming this is set up for the App, but there is no digital option, if you check in on line as I had to do, as the App isn’t available for Explorer if the Seas.

My TA told me that the On Line check in had changed recently and to contact her I needed any help. But when I contacted her for help with my above query (Post #5 re option of allowing Royal to do the C.C conversion) the only help I was given was’ well you can change it on board.’

I suspect that the recent changes are due to the introduction of the App.

Edited by upwarduk

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

One other addition to my post above, I was informed that I could print or get a digital copy of my Set Sail pass, but no where is there an option on line to get this digital copy, only the option to print.

You can just do a print screen of the SetSail pass and e-mail it you yourself.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1