Sailport Tampa Waterside Rocky Point Suites

I booked us for the Sailport Rocky Point Suites in Tampa after our Trans Atlantic cruise from Barcelona for $103 for a 1 bedroom suite. They offer a complimentary shuttle to TPA airport and we can take an Uber/Lyfty from the port. While it does not include Breakfast we can find something either on site or nearby.

I read the reviews and it looks like  a decent place. Any personal experience with this hotel? 

Thanks

Yes. I stayed here for exactly one night when attending a work conference in Tampa.  I had my mom and my 6 year old daughter in tow.

How do I remember it was only one night?

Because I demanded a refund and moved to the (relatively near) Westin after the first night.

The room was outdated (fine), humid (yes it is Florida but it was January and probably 65 degrees tops... too damp), not very clean, and definitely not very comfortable.  The bed was truly awful and the "sleeper sofa" my daughter slept on was a joke.  When a first grader is complaining of back pain the next day, you know it is bad.

I would not stay at this place if you gave me a free room.  Online it looks great, but in person it was really awful.

PS- The Westin was just fine.  We booked a 1 bedroom suite (my mom and I stayed in the bedroom and my daughter stayed on the sofa bed.)  It was clean, the beds were comfy, it was more pricy but totally worth it.  The suite level rooms included access to some type of lounge which had "heavy appetizers" in the evening which were more than sufficient for a light dinner for us each night.

If it isn’t too late run as fast as you can from this place. In February my wife had surgery at a now defunct laser spine institute. This place came recommended by the surgery center. On check we were put in a room with old worn out carpet from the 80’s and she developed a sinus problem almost immediately to the point she was fearing her surgery would be canceled(in hindsight it may have not been such a bad idea). We arranged the shuttle to take us to the center at 8:45 am when no one could tell us where it was at 9:15 hoped in the car and rushed through morning traffic to make her appointment. For this we got a 20% refund and free ice cream.