Sterling Steakhouse on Diamond Princess

Kenswing

I am pretty sure that it is a part of the Horizon Court, but from what I remember, the way it was done felt more like a stand alone restaurant than on the Sun class ships.

Anne 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenswing said:

It's hard to tell from the deck plans.  Is the Sterling Steakhouse on the Diamond Princess an actual stand alone restaurant or is it just a cordoned off section of Horizon Court?

A cordoned off section of the Horizontal Court, slightly better furnishings, but in my opinion lacking the ambiance of other ships, yet they leave the totally empty sushi 

shack as a stand alone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

A cordoned off section of the Horizontal Court, slightly better furnishings, but in my opinion lacking the ambiance of other ships, yet they leave the totally empty sushi 

shack as a stand alone

I think Kai Sushi has limited cooking facilities which is why it wouldn't work as a Sterling Steakhouse. 

The ambiance on Diamond is a lot better than on Sun, but not as good as a Crown Grill - although that may be debatable on the Royal Class ships where the Crown Grill is open to the "Wheelhouse" bar area.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think Kai Sushi has limited cooking facilities which is why it wouldn't work as a Sterling Steakhouse. 

The ambiance on Diamond is a lot better than on Sun, but not as good as a Crown Grill - although that may be debatable on the Royal Class ships where the Crown Grill is open to the "Wheelhouse" bar area.

Mrs Gut and I generally did the steakhouse once a week, more for the atmosphere than anything (a habit we started back on Pacific Princess) wether Crown or Stirling really enjoy the quieter experience 35 nights in Diamond once was enough

Whilst I wouldn't class the Diamond steakhouse as a great eatery, the black and blue onion soup makes up for any shortfalls in decor.😄

The worst one was on Sun where it was just one side of the HC with nothing to screen off the empty buffet stations. Plus we'd just started our mains when someone started loudly clattering plates in the kitchen, and that went on for the rest of the meal. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ