s diego hotels

gordylad

Hi,

Between just those 2 hotels the Hotel Republic is a better location in my opinion.

Here's a map showing both hotels:

https://goo.gl/maps/Keso5ytmh3davhdw9

The 4 Points is up a hill by the side of that busy freeway.

The Hotel Republic is closer to the cruise port and easier to walk from there to other spots in downtown. It also has a nice rooftop bar and just feels a bit nicer.

The Hotel Republic and the Hotel Indigo are both in our small bayfront downtown but have different atmosphere. I would ask if you are here for a few days or just a day before your cruise or?????

The Indigo is in the 6 blocks of our gaslamp entertainment district which has tons of hotels and restaurants and bars. It is closer to the baseball stadium if that is on your list to visit.

The Republic is closer to walk to our Little Italy neighborhood which actually has some of the better(not just Italian )restaurants around town and a great Saturday morning street fair/farmer's market. It is closer to the cruise port and to the USS Midway museum and the Maritime museum.

You can easily walk between these 2 hotels. I suppose I'd compare price to see which one gives you the best room at the best price. I think either one of those 2 would be better than the Sheraton you  first mentioned.

Also if you are here on a weekend then the gaslamp gets quite busy but then you might like that.

Up to you.

hello, unfortunately just one night when our cruise ends but hoping for a taste to allow us to return....we would like to see USS Midway, Little Italy and Gaslamp Area and stay in an area that has a good feel in the evening.

thanks

I agree with the above. I would feel very comfortable walking around Little Italy alone in the evening; less so in the East Village (the eastern part of the Gaslamp), and not at all the area of Cortez Hill, where the 4 Points Sheraton is located. Look also at the Hampton Inn Bayside (rooms away from the train tracks which are on the east side). Le Pensione is a small boutique hotel right in Little Italy that is popular with some as well.