On-line TA's

hersheysmother

I wouldn't know how you could go about checking on them...I have never used one. I would just suggest getting recommendations from friends/relatives/co-workers that may have used them. That would probably be the best way to know if they are a good place to use. If you are shopping around for pricing, make sure you check with not only online agencies, but brick/morter TA's, the cruiseline itself...and have each of them give you the total price, what the check is going to be written for/credit card be charged - so you have all the taxes and fees etc included. Then you can find what is truly the best deal!!!

Good luck!

Ruth, to answer your original question. I THINK you can ask if anyone has used a particular agency (I always get mixed up with the CC site rules). You can also take a look at the agencies that advertise here.

If this is your first cruise I would urge you to use a local agency that specializes in cruise vacations. I have used both and after five cruises I have found with an on line agency you really need to know what you want and also keep on top of your reservation.

I am an ex-Detroit'er. My e-mail address is in my signature. If you would like some info on who I used send me an e-mail with cruise critic in the subject box.

Well all I can say is that I have used the same online agency, with phone lines as well, which is actually how I book since the phone price is always lower then their own online prices. and I have had excellent results, and any small problems or big ones solved in a very timely fashion. There are big ones that have been around a while and you should be fine with them.

Ruth-- you dont want to take the year to book a cruise-- the longer you wait the higher the price will be.

For first time cruisers I recommend a at home agency-or the cruise lines direct. - that can walk you through the process. (unless you know exactly what you want..

Archived