ncl reduced airfare perk-anyone use this?

simpson168

I am going on an NCL Italy and Greek Island cruise in November and received the reduced airfare perk.  Has anyone used their international airfare, I am wondering how long the flights are and if you arrive the day before?  What airlines does NCL use, and will my party be seated together?  Does anyone have any tips on how to find these answers?

Thanks

Program has you arrive the day of your cruise. If you want to arrive 1-2 days early let NCL know, pay $25pp deviation fee and they will book you 1-2 days early as requested. 

NCL states they work to limit trips to one connection or less. 

NCL has nothing to do with seat selections. Once you get your flight information you can contact the airline for seats. Many report simply going online and doing this via the airline website. 

We are awaiting our flight details, Newark to Barcelona at the end of August. 

NCL'S website has lots of information. Click Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the page.

Edited by Nola26
  • Like 1

But right now their system is not functioning properly.  Hold off booking the air if you can until they get their computers working again.

and you probably won’t get your flight info until 70-75 days before departure to book your seats.

Edited by mertziek

5 minutes ago, mertziek said:

But right now their system is not functioning properly.  Hold off booking the air if you can until they get their computers working again.

and you probably won’t get your flight info until 70-75 days before departure to book your seats.

With the free or reduced air perk OP has no control over when flights get booked, that's NCL's worry. 

8 hours ago, Nola26 said:

With the free or reduced air perk OP has no control over when flights get booked, that's NCL's worry. 

Exactly: we don't expect to have our flight info until 30 days or so prior to sailing.. For the money we saved we can gladly wait.

I am curious to read about "NCL reduced air fare perk." Is it the situation that NCL offer deals on flights? I have never come across this. So, if I book my own flights, which I have just done to fly to Rome, was there something available from NCL to reduce the fare? Nobody mentioned anything like that to me when I booked.

8 minutes ago, JOHNHOWARTH2 said:

I am curious to read about "NCL reduced air fare perk." Is it the situation that NCL offer deals on flights? I have never come across this. So, if I book my own flights, which I have just done to fly to Rome, was there something available from NCL to reduce the fare? Nobody mentioned anything like that to me when I booked.

Some bookings have a 'perk' of reduced or free air. Even if your booking does not, you can always call NCL and ask them to check air prices for you as they get deals on chunks of flights/rooms. There's no guarantee it will be a discount, so price check it yourself first to know a ballpark figure of what the flight would cost you on your own.

For example, my upcoming cruise in January 2020, I did not have a perk from NCL for a reduced/free airfare, but when I called them they were able to offer me flights from JFK to San Juan for $350/pp. On my own I've been seeing prices around $500/pp. So I let them book the flights for me. I have until September to cancel their flights if I find a better deal on my own, but so far I haven't. 

Do a mock booking yourself on the airline's website or through Kayak/Expedia/etc and see what the flight will cost you. Then call NCL and see what price they give you. Simple as that.

4 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Then call NCL and see what price they give you. 

I could have done an inclusive booking through NCL UK for the cruise with flights, but every time I have always looked at their inclusive deal, the price with the flights included has always been a lot more than booking my own flights. I cannot believe that NCL could have given me a better price on flights if I had asked them to quote me, but not actually book the flights through NCL

I paid $599 to fly Miami to Rome RT in September. I will be flying in a day early - using NCLs hotel in Rome. There is no deviation fee if using their hotel but the price is a bit high. But strangely, the NCL transfer price went down once the hotel was added - strange because now I have 3 transfers (airport to hotel, hotel to port, port to airport) instead of just the 2.

My NCL edocs show an air record locator number which I entered on the airline websites while logged into my frequent flyer account. Doing that brought the flights in to my airline frequent flyer accounts (with a different reservation number). I was then able to attach my ff numbers to the airline reservations - this pulled my passport info and known traveler number in.  I have been able to get my Delta seats (to Rome) through Delta.com but not yet the American (aa.com) flights (from Rome). I assume it's just too early for American but will call NCL if I'm still unable to do so when the 60 day point is reached. I was able to do everything else with both Delta and American. This is my first time using NCL air and was hesitant to do it but couldn't pass up the flight price.

Oh - and the flights are great! Noon time flight from Miami to Atlanta, 2 hour layover and on to Rome, arriving the following morning. On the return trip, another noon time flight from Rome to Madrid, 2 hour layover and on to Miami, arriving around 8 pm. So far, everything is running smoothly. Sorry for the long winded answer but I hope this is helpful to anyone using NCL air for the first time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. Your answers have helped relieve some of my worry.  I am staying at one of the NCL hotels so I will contact Then about flying in a day early. If I am flying into Venice I surely want time to visit the city.

I cannot open my edocs to see details but we have flights. Newark to Montreal to Barcelona and Toronto to Newark for the return. Wasn't what I expected, but I gave NCL flexibility so we'll roll with it.

Just came late today, 79 days ahead of sailing.