CCL SHAREHOLDER CONFIRMATION

victory2020

I submitted my request by fax on Tuesday for a cruise departing July 26. is there a number to call to confirm or does it show up somewhere on my booking? First time I have done this with HAL & am not familiar with the procedure for this cruise line.

(1) generally I ask for an email confirmation back, which I print and bring with my trip binder 

(2) if you have booked directly with HAL, it will show up on your booking on HAL's website under My Bookings, once you have logged in 

(3) if you have booked through a TA, (s)he will be able to see it, when (s)he queries your PNR in POLAR Online. 

Scott. 

51 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

(1) generally I ask for an email confirmation back, which I print and bring with my trip binder 

(2) if you have booked directly with HAL, it will show up on your booking on HAL's website under My Bookings, once you have logged in 

(3) if you have booked through a TA, (s)he will be able to see it, when (s)he queries your PNR in POLAR Online. 

Scott. 

Thanks, how long does it usually take to process?

When I did mine, it took less than a week. I got an updated document from my TA that showed the change (increase) in OBC.  The HAL team on this is really pretty good, as long as you have included their required information. My suggestion - if you haven't heard anything, call your TA near the end of the day Monday to see if the OBC has been added. Good luck!

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Thanks, how long does it usually take to process?

I e-mail mine generally, and usually have a confirmation back within half a day by return e-mail.  I think the longest I have waited is two business days. If I am using a TA, I will get them to confirm what they see in POLAR, and print me an updated invoice w/ everything enumerated, so that I have back-up for when I get to the ship.  Have only needed to rely on it once.   

Scott. 

I have a July 14th cruise on Westerdam followed by a July 31st cruise on Coral Princess.  I submitted my CCL shareholder document via my travel agent.  The credit was posted to my account more quickly by Princess than it was by Holland America.  This credit was shown on my individual invoices for these two cruises.

Be certain to take whatever proof you have with you that the credit was approved in case the ship's Front Office seems to be "in the dark" about it.

• Like 1

YXU AC*SE thanks for the info you have provided. You say in your response that "it will show up on your booking on HAL's website under My Bookings".

We booked our cruise directly wit HAL and I recently sent in my request for the shareholder OBC. However, when I checked under My Bookings, I don't see the OBC reflected. In case I am not looking in the right place, can you please outline where one would find this info under My Bookings.

Many thanks.

7 hours ago, cruise101 said:

YXU AC*SE thanks for the info you have provided. You say in your response that "it will show up on your booking on HAL's website under My Bookings".

We booked our cruise directly wit HAL and I recently sent in my request for the shareholder OBC. However, when I checked under My Bookings, I don't see the OBC reflected. In case I am not looking in the right place, can you please outline where one would find this info under My Bookings.

Many thanks.

You'll need to click "Manage Payments" in the "My Bookings" tab next to the cruise in question to find it.  The "Manage Payments" option only appears if you have booked directly with HAL in some manner.

Edited by 0bnxshs

3 minutes ago, GrannieNannie said:

How much stock do you need and how much credit do you get?   How long do you have to own it?

You need to own 100 shares of CCL stock to get On Board Credit for it. There is no minimum length of time it has to be held, but you are still supposed to own it when you sail.
The amount of OBC for ownership varies based on the length of the cruise. It is as much as $250 for cruises that are in the 2-week range; I forget the exact number of days.

4 minutes ago, GrannieNannie said:

How much stock do you need and how much credit do you get?   How long do you have to own it?

Thanks

100 shares of CCL.  Once you purchase it you can get OBC as long as you can show proof of ownership to cruise line.  The amount varies but 7 day cruises get $100

16 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

You'll need to click "Manage Payments" in the "My Bookings" tab next to the cruise in question to find it.  The "Manage Payments" option only appears if you have booked directly with HAL in some manner.

Many thanks Obnxshs. That worked. I can see the OBC applied to my booking.