Taxi To Half Moon Bay Beach?

OceansOfTravels

We weren't planning anything for our short stop in Roatan (only 6 hours, we are docked from noon to 6PM), but, depending on price, we are considering heading over to Half Moon Bay Beach for a few hours. How much would a taxi for four cost from Coxen Hole to Half Moon Bay Beach.

Taxi on the island are not regulated, it is all about the haggle. If you wish to take one directly from the port depending on the number on your party it could be 20/25pp. This is a round trip so do not pay the guy until you are returned. 

If you wish a bit of adventure, walk into town to the open market to catch the minibus. They run every 15/20 mins from Coxen Hole to West End (where Half Moon Bay is), the route is not direct but will get you there. If your party is over 3 or four this may not be the best choice do to the locals on the bus, space is sometimes limited.  

It is also possible one or more of the tour companies are doing shuttles to West End, I have not clicked though then to find out. 

Ginger's on Half Moon Bay maybe willing to sort you transport if you need loungers and food, same same with SunDowner's 

edit ~ sorry I just saw the number in you party. 

Edited by Guest 2000

1 hour ago, Guest 2000 said:

Taxi on the island are not regulated, it is all about the haggle. If you wish to take one directly from the port depending on the number on your party it could be 20/25pp. This is a round trip so do not pay the guy until you are returned. 

If you wish a bit of adventure, walk into town to the open market to catch the minibus. They run every 15/20 mins from Coxen Hole to West End (where Half Moon Bay is), the route is not direct but will get you there. If your party is over 3 or four this may not be the best choice do to the locals on the bus, space is sometimes limited.  

It is also possible one or more of the tour companies are doing shuttles to West End, I have not clicked though then to find out. 

Ginger's on Half Moon Bay maybe willing to sort you transport if you need loungers and food, same same with SunDowner's 

edit ~ sorry I just saw the number in you party. 

So if I'm understanding correctly, I will pay them $20 or $25 USD on the return, when they drop me back off at the ship, for both ways? Because that's like $4-$5 a person, and we were going to just lay out on our MSC towels to save money anyway, so that may be a good plan for us. We don't mind public transportation either, and actually, I make it a point to use public transportation wherever I travel, but I did not find out about the bus in Roatan until now. How much is the bus per person per way? And how long does that "indirect" way take?

If worse comes to worst, we will just walk into town like originally planned, and spend most of the day on the empty ship. However, this port is new for all four of us in the party, so we got to more thinking and we thought we should give it more consideration. 

Thanks in advance for answering my further questions, you've been such a help! :)

$20 to $25PP (per person) If you have a haggle skills and time you may be able to talk them down. 

The minibus takes about 25/30 mins to West End, last I hear the price was about $2. 

If you are water people at all... you might want to consider snorkeling. Roatan was put on the map due to the amazing diving and snorkeling. Half Moon Bay does have a small roped off section to avoid boats. The sand fleas can be vicious, I would not put a towel on the beach to lay on but I understand why people do. 

23 hours ago, OceansOfTravels said:

We weren't planning anything for our short stop in Roatan (only 6 hours, we are docked from noon to 6PM), but, depending on price, we are considering heading over to Half Moon Bay Beach for a few hours. How much would a taxi for four cost from Coxen Hole to Half Moon Bay Beach.

Cost efficient reliable transport in Roatan is not easy to come by.

i have been trying to find something to West End myself and recently found this to Sundowners. 

http://www.roatanonline.com/sundowner/#cruise

Not sure if this is reliable.

last time we went to Ginger’s which we liked but couldn't get them to help with transport. Let me know if you work anything out as our next visit will be December.