Croisi's New MV La Belle des Océans

Roz

Based on recommendations from our own Notamermaid, I've been exploring cruising options with CroisiEurope.  So of course I'm now on their email list.  Yesterday I received a newsletter from them, and in it they announced they've acquired the MV La Belle des Oceans.  It's an ocean-going vessel that carries 120 passengers.  What intrigued me was that next year her summer homeport is going to be in Canada, and she'll be doing 10-day runs between Quebec and Toronto.  Details aren't available at this time and the cruises aren't available for booking, but I'm going to keep my eyes on it.  As much as I enjoy European river cruises, the flights and jet lag really bother me.  This may be a way to enjoy a taste of France in Canada, especially on a French cruise line.  

Roz

• Like 1

Ohoh,

then apparently I have contributed to you having your e-mail in-tray filled with even more stuff. :classic_wink:  But if it means you can avoid jet lag that way, that makes me feel better.

I had read about the acquisition a couple of weeks ago. Here is an article on it: http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/croisieurope-acquires-silver-discoverer.html

I must admit I am a little surprise that they have acquired her to do itineraries outside of Europe. Well, as you indicate, a French line in former French territory sounds attractive.

Have fun planning your next adventure.

notamermaid

Thank you, Notamermaid.  One of the things I noticed about Croisi is that they have mostly short (average 5 days) cruises in Europe.  This makes sense for a cruise line with a mostly European clientele.  I've thought about combining an independent land tour with a short Croisi river cruise.  It opens up lots of possibilities.

Thank you for the link to the article.

Roz

Loved our Croisi river cruise on the Loire.  After the cruise we stayed In Amboise and saw 7 more chateaus. Loved the area.

Would definitely sail Croisi again.  For us it is all about itinerary tho.

Love Quebec also.  Would consider Canada with Croisi.

Linda Vermeers

3 hours ago, stan vermeers said:

Loved our Croisi river cruise on the Loire.  After the cruise we stayed In Amboise and saw 7 more chateaus. Loved the area.

Would definitely sail Croisi again.  For us it is all about itinerary tho.

Love Quebec also.  Would consider Canada with Croisi.

Linda Vermeers

Thanks for the recommendation, Linda.  I read the article that Notamermaid provided, and I see that MV La Belle des Oceans was chartered to Silversea.  Now I'm even more intrigued.

Roz