Back to back credit

Steve H

2 hours ago, Steve H said:

When booking a b2b do you get a 120 dollar credit on both fares,  it looks like we did!

Yes they apply the discount on both legs of the trip and it depends on the length of the trip.  To avoid any confusion, you must be talking about those funny Canadian dollars.  It's usually $100 US/leg for longer cruises and $50 US/leg for shorter cruises.

• Like 1

Just now, ipeeinthepool said:

To avoid any confusion, you must be talking about those funny Canadian dollars.  It's usually $100 US/leg for longer cruises and $50 US/leg for shorter cruises.

Yes - in Canadian dollars.  Sadly, these days our dollar is not doing well.  I always book my cruises in Cdn. $$ and so far has benefited me - especially when the dollar was higher then went down -- cruise stayed the same price.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Yes they apply the discount on both legs of the trip and it depends on the length of the trip.  To avoid any confusion, you must be talking about those funny Canadian dollars.  It's usually $100 US/leg for longer cruises and $50 US/leg for shorter cruises.

How many days is considered a shorter cruise ? We have 8 on the first part and 13 on the second..

And yes, we  only book in CdN dollars now.  Got badly burned once when I dollar dropped really low.  Now I know exactly what I am paying, especially since we tend t boo far out.

12 minutes ago, nikel said:

How many days is considered a shorter cruise ? We have 8 on the first part and 13 on the second..

And yes, we  only book in CdN dollars now.  Got badly burned once when I dollar dropped really low.  Now I know exactly what I am paying, especially since we tend t boo far out.

Cruises 10-days and longer get a $100 US discount and 7 - 9 day cruises get $50 US.  I'm not sure about anything less than 7-days.

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Cruises 10-days and longer get a $100 US discount and 7 - 9 day cruises get $50 US.  I'm not sure about anything less than 7-days.

There certainly is a minimum cruise length in order to receive the B2B discount, but I don't remember what it is.  In 2016 we did a B2B2B2B with one of those legs being a two night "taster" from Southhampton to LaHavre.  That two night mini-cruise broke the B2B series, so despite having four reservation numbers we only received the B2B discount for the first and second legs.

The minimum cruise length to get the benefit is 7 days.  We are doing 6 day Summit repositioning cruise in Oct and the 7 day after and the first cruise was ineligible but received the $50 discount on the second one.

4 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

There certainly is a minimum cruise length in order to receive the B2B discount, but I don't remember what it is.  In 2016 we did a B2B2B2B with one of those legs being a two night "taster" from Southhampton to LaHavre.  That two night mini-cruise broke the B2B series, so despite having four reservation numbers we only received the B2B discount for the first and second legs.

Wow that seems pretty cheap on their part.  I would have expected to receive the benefit on the 3 legs as long as they were 7 days or longer each.  See my post above, even though the first leg was ineligible due to length it didn't disqualify the second leg.