Bar recommendations

c-leg5

Our first time back in Progreso after many years. I was wondering which bars were recommended these days along the malecon?

In particular any reviews for Maya Ka, Crabster, Eladio's or El HaGuay? Any other places of note - not looking for loud, party type place - no Margaritavilles, Senor Frogs, prefer something more authentic. Any places that with botanos, or not on cruise ship days?

What is the system in Progreso - do the loungers and tables on the beach belong to the restaurants across the road? Do you pay extra for loungers or are they free if you eat and drink? Do you pay extra for the pools at Maya Ka and El HaGuay? tha

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, c-leg5 said:

Due to our upcoming excursion being cancelled in Progreso, still looking for above suggestions or reviews.

Since I didn’t receive any suggestions, reporting back that we enjoyed a very leisurely lunch and quiet few hours eating and drinking at Maya Ka.

It is a nicely laid out and decorated restaurant (see photos on TA) and welcome shade from the beach area. I would think it is really pretty lit up at night but maybe more of a party scene at night, ( I don’t know how lively Progreso gets!).

They do not offer beach service but are next door to Crabsters which does apparently.

Edited by c-leg5