Price Drop

patrice1

5 hours ago, patrice1 said:

If I go online and find that our cabin price has dropped, can I call and get the lower rate? We have always done that with Carnival, but this is our first MSC cruise. Thanks

My guess is no if the cruise is booked in Europe but as I said, it's only a guess.

11 hours ago, patrice1 said:

If I go online and find that our cabin price has dropped, can I call and get the lower rate? We have always done that with Carnival, but this is our first MSC cruise. Thanks

Yes you can.

18 hours ago, patrice1 said:

With Carnival when you are able to match price drops up until sailing, you have booked Early Saver which is a special rate with lots of stipulations and rules.  MSC does not have this special rate. 

5 hours ago, patrice1 said:

Yes, but I still have a US address and booked on a US website.

Kind of relevant information, huh?  If you booked directly with MSC you can basically cancel and rebook at any time up to final payment, 120 days now for Yacht club and 90 days for others.  After that you are out of luck.  If booked through a travel agent there may be other fees or loss of perks or OBC, but I suspect you know this.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Até said:

Kind of relevant information, huh?  If you booked directly with MSC you can basically cancel and rebook at any time up to final payment, 120 days now for Yacht club and 90 days for others.  After that you are out of luck.  If booked through a travel agent there may be other fees or loss of perks or OBC, but I suspect you know this.

It's relevant because now we know that the OP booked in the US. If booked directly with MSC in Europe it's not that easy.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:32 PM, Até said:

1 hour ago, Barcelona17 said:

Yacht Club still requires payment 90 days prior to sailing, not 120. I just booked sailing for December and payment is due 90 days before sailing.

That may depend on where and how the cruise is booked. We paid less than 60 days before the cruise, Yacht Club on Divina in February. We booked our cruise from MSC in Sweden.

16 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

That may depend on where and how the cruise is booked. We paid less than 60 days before the cruise, Yacht Club on Divina in February. We booked our cruise from MSC in Sweden.

Our Meraviglia YC booking says no refunds after 120 days prior to sailing. It definitely depends which ship/sailing, maybe even whether you used MSC USA, Canada, UK, etc.

24 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

The final payment date for our Oct Meraviglia (YC) booking is 63 days prior to sailing (booked directly with MSC UK).

I got a cabin upgrade yesterday. I'm booked on Armonia August 12th.  Prices have dropped. I asked if there was a possiblity of an upgrade based on the price we had paid. The agent put me on hold, and came back with a balcony upgrade for us. Easy Peasy. It's worth calling. 

For what it's worth, I called at 12:15pm EDT and waited 4 minutes on hold for an agent.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Barcelona17 said:

It may be that MSC thinks we Americans have so much money we can part with it earlier than the rest of the world. Geez..so not true.

I reckon it has more to do with those from the US booking cabins and cancelling at the last minute due to getting their deposits refunded.  This way the cruise line has at least a little more time to re-sell the cancelled booking.  Too much abuse of the system due to being able to cancel a booking without forfeiture of the deposit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Barcelona17 said:

It may be that MSC thinks we Americans have so much money we can part with it earlier than the rest of the world. Geez..so not true.

Most cruiselines seems to think that Americans have less money than the rest of the world since you can cancel and get your deposit back!

• 2 years later...

I was just able to get MSC to call my TA and have the free balcony upgrade applied to my booking made June 8th for my January 30,2022 cruise. So after speaking to my TA first then calling MSC and an agent not really knowing if the new promotion was applicable on my existing cruise I was able to reach and agent that knew that YES I can get the discount, saved $600 !!  Edit: I booked in the US .

Edited by ISLABONITA