Dining dilemma: prepurchase 3 nights or hope for better deal onboard?

skrapngal

Going on a 15-night cruise in March and would like to purchase a 3 night dining package. It is currently selling at about 15% discount on full price (if we do 1 night each in Murano, Tuscan Grill and Qsine).

I have heard that if we are willing to wait onboard, we can negotiate a much better deal (at least 30%, possibly even 50%) with people selling or even directly at the restaurant door with a few days notice.

This will be my first cruise on Celebrity and so far, I have found MDR food on both Royal and Princess to be quite enjoyable, but we figured that a few nights out on a 15 night cruise might break up some of the repetition.

So do we buy now at 15% or wait and expect to find a better deal onboard?

When the 3 night  package was priced at $109 and the 4 night at $125 they were quite popular and we had some cruises where there we no discount to be Haden e on the ship.  Since they raised the price I’m not sure how well the packages are selling. I know we aren’t buying at that price.  

We purchased at the former  price for our cruises later this year. You may find discounts on the ship greater than the new package price offers.