Teen Activities for 15-17 year olds

42 minutes ago, Marie50 said:

Do they divide the activities up from the younger kids or do they all go to the "living Room"?

Hi! I am an older teen myself, so I will be glad to help you out! First, if you don't mind, please specify which ship you are referring to as activities vary.

I think it depends on the cruise, more than the ship.  I just did a 9-nt on Anthem w/ my 16-yo son and b/c there weren't tons of teens on board, they kept the 12-17 age group together.  

Edited by mdepsmom

25 minutes ago, Marie50 said:

We are going  on Harmony.

Perfect! I was on Harmony last August! I did not like the activities offered at the club. It was rarely supervised, and even on a sold-out summer cruise, they couldn't find enough teens for the majority of the activities! I won a scavenger hunt game, but that was it. The prizes (I know, prizes, who doesn't like prizes) are okay. However, the actuality is that the video game area is wholly blended with 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17-year-olds. I hate that. I like to have separate spaces from younger teens! The only times we were divided were in our parties at night, which were lame, but hey, its a "party". Before I turn this into a review of the Harmony of the Seas, I will finish off with saying if your teens mind the big age gap, then they will not enjoy the club. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Most older teens don't really do organized activities.

They just hang out around the ship and look for alcohol....

See, I hate that stereotype, although I can't get mad, most older teens aren't like me 😏

10 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Most older teens don't really do organized activities.

They just hang out around the ship and look for alcohol....

bull.

yes they hang together but I can assure you( and everyone knows I am the child hater of these boards)  the vast majority are not looking to score some booze.  they hang out on the sports deck, the video game areas( both arcade and the lounge ) and if their parents were nice and bought them the refreshment package, the coffee bar.  

• Like 1

Just now, spookwife said:

bull.

yes they hang together but I can assure you( and everyone knows I am the child hater of these boards)  the vast majority are not looking to score some booze.  they hang out on the sports deck, the video game areas( both arcade and the lounge ) and if their parents were nice and bought them the refreshment package, the coffee bar.  

Even though you are a child hater 😑I respect that statement so much! It is these negative stereotypes that give teens like me the most significant problem!

14 hours ago, Marie50 said:

Do they divide the activities up from the younger kids or do they all go to the "living Room"?

My kiddo (she was 16 last year on Harmony, going on Symphony this fall) went to the first night meet-up.  She was a little nervous about going in not knowing anyone, but we coaxed her into it and she was happy she went to it.  She met friends from all over the world, and still keeps in touch with them on social media 🙂  She found a group of kids she enjoyed hanging out with.. they did a few of the organized activities.. but mostly went to the pool, got food together, just hung out at the areas on the ship.  
Definitely encourage your child to go to the first night gathering... he/she will find some folks to hang with, and they won't feel like they have to be locked in to the "mandatory fun", or corralled in with the younger teens.  I feel like for her, it really "made" the trip.. she wasn't stuck always having to hang with the parents and her little brother.  

• Like 1