CPAP on Crown Princess

Pacificlander

48 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Be careful, those "heating pads" may be against the rules.

Not if pre-approved by Princess.....but unfortunately, I checked and our heating pads are not 220v capable. So, I'll have to use the extension cords that will be provided by Princess. Too bad, as I was hoping to keep those long extension cords off the cabin floor. We have to coil them up each day and put somewhere out of the way. I'm a lazy person, so would rather just leave it plugged in under the bed.

Doug

2 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Not if pre-approved by Princess.....but unfortunately, I checked and our heating pads are not 220v capable. So, I'll have to use the extension cords that will be provided by Princess. Too bad, as I was hoping to keep those long extension cords off the cabin floor. We have to coil them up each day and put somewhere out of the way. I'm a lazy person, so would rather just leave it plugged in under the bed.

Doug

You could bring a converter??

1 hour ago, Clampram said:

Amazon sells dual voltage heating pads!

Roger that, but I am not sure the cost is worth the possible convenience IF there is an under-bed plug on our next two ships (Crown and Grand). Our two 110 vac only pads are fairly new and work well. But anyone who cruises regularly and needs a heating pad ought to look at getting a 110/220 vac pad. I may just live with those extension cords snaking across the cabin deck during bed time.

Doug

Update: I just tried in vain to find a dual voltage heating pad. There are plenty (in the USA) of the 220 vac ones, but then those could not be used at home in the USA. So I will stick with the 110/115 vac ones I have now and use a USA type extension cord (which will be furnished by Princess - but I always bring a backup just in case)

Edited by PaperSniper4