Grand Caymen question

minniem

I am looking for some information about this port stop on our Feb cruise on the Regal Princess.  I would very much like to see 7 mile beach.  My husband has a lot of stomach issues that make it impossible to take a Princess Excursion, since we never know in advance when he will be ready to leave the ship.

So since many of you cruise a lot I want to know if there is public transportation that will take us to the beach, approximate cost and most importantly is taking a taxi a safe thing to do.  We are in our 70's and my husband is very cautious and very hesitant to go off on his own.  Any advice or information about this island would be very much appreciated.

Edited by minniem
missing word

Cayman is a tender port with a 10 minute or so sail to the dock.  The island is quite safe and fairly expensive with a lot of high end shopping available.  There are taxis available - don't know the prices which are unlikely to be dirt cheap.

$4 safe taxi from cruise terminal to Royal Palm Beach Club.  $2 entry fee.  Bar / restaurant / pool / bathrooms on site.  Ample taxis available for trip back to ship.  About 2 miles each way makes for quick trip....once ashore via tender.

• Like 1

There are buses ($2.50 pp) that run regularly.  That's your easiest/cheapest option.  The beaches are very narrow, so you can see the road from the beach...when you're done, simply walk the few steps to the road...and the next bus will stop!

There is no need for an excursion to a beach on GC!