Can’t wait to see what we get

63galaxie

We booked an inside guarantee last weekend for  June 23, 2019 sailing on Escape. Can’t wait to see if we get lucky to get an upgrade.  We also bid on a balcony and a spa balcony.  Hopefully we’ll know something tomorrow at this time. If not, we’ll be fine with the inside.  Just happy to get onboard!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 63galaxie said:

We booked an inside guarantee last weekend for  June 23, 2019 sailing on Escape. Can’t wait to see if we get lucky to get an upgrade.  We also bid on a balcony and a spa balcony.  Hopefully we’ll know something tomorrow at this time. If not, we’ll be fine with the inside.  Just happy to get onboard!!

Wow I booked an obstructed ocean view (o k ) guarantee on the Jewel that was listed as on deck 8 and I was delighted with the price only to be "upgraded" to the 4th deck next to the morgue I think 😞 really bummed but it's my own fault as I assumed an upgrade could be a higher deck.  Also all I am allowed to bid for is a balcony or mini-suite.  Lesson learned.  One time however I booked a mini-suite guarantee and was awarded a spa mini-suite - this was on the Epic.  Didn't even realize my good fortune as I had never used the thermal spa.  Good luck!

6 hours ago, 63galaxie said:

Good luck!  Would be great to get upgrade.

Just found out we won an upgrade from an inside guarantee cabin to a Spa balcony cabin on 6/22/19 sailing on the Escape to Bermuda!

We bid on the Spa Cabin and on a regular balcony!!!

Thank you NCL!!!

20 hours ago, ddlb said:
Wow I booked an obstructed ocean view (o k ) guarantee on the Jewel that was listed as on deck 8 and I was delighted with the price only to be "upgraded" to the 4th deck next to the morgue I think [emoji20] really bummed but it's my own fault as I assumed an upgrade could be a higher deck ... 

You passed by something like this near that (MC) on the Jewel ?b3904061ee5063969b92575018a75a57.jpga8120aca66a185cdc8f3d6faa83b0abb.jpg

BTW - Congrats to OP on scoring a nice upgrade !! 

Andriod Pie 9.0 on Moto X4, Google Fi w Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

16 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

You passed by something like this near that (MC) on the Jewel ?b3904061ee5063969b92575018a75a57.jpga8120aca66a185cdc8f3d6faa83b0abb.jpg

BTW - Congrats to OP on scoring a nice upgrade !! 

Andriod Pie 9.0 on Moto X4, Google Fi w Tapatalk

20 hours ago, ddlb said:

Wow I booked an obstructed ocean view (o k ) guarantee on the Jewel that was listed as on deck 8 and I was delighted with the price only to be "upgraded" to the 4th deck next to the morgue I think 😞 really bummed but it's my own fault as I assumed an upgrade could be a higher deck.  Also all I am allowed to bid for is a balcony or mini-suite.  Lesson learned.  One time however I booked a mini-suite guarantee and was awarded a spa mini-suite - this was on the Epic.  Didn't even realize my good fortune as I had never used the thermal spa.  Good luck!

The morgue would probably be quiet. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Congrats to the OP on getting the spa balcony.  Just for my own edification, what's the difference between a spa balcony and a regular balcony.

@ddlb We also found out that if you book the lowest cabin rate (as we usually do - Inside GTY/Sailaway - aka "steerage") you're limited on what you're allowed to bid on for an upgrade.  Our PCC explained it's to prevent folks initially booking "steerage" and then trying to score a full suite or The Haven via the upgrade/auction process.  Good luck on your bid!!!

3 hours ago, 63galaxie said:

Just found out we won an upgrade from an inside guarantee cabin to a Spa balcony cabin on 6/22/19 sailing on the Escape to Bermuda!

We bid on the Spa Cabin and on a regular balcony!!!

Thank you NCL!!!

Congrat! That's quite the bump. How much did you bid?

10 minutes ago, tomk3212 said:

Congrats to the OP on getting the spa balcony.  Just for my own edification, what's the difference between a spa balcony and a regular balcony.

@ddlb We also found out that if you book the lowest cabin rate (as we usually do - Inside GTY/Sailaway - aka "steerage") you're limited on what you're allowed to bid on for an upgrade.  Our PCC explained it's to prevent folks initially booking "steerage" and then trying to score a full suite or The Haven via the upgrade/auction process.  Good luck on your bid!!!

A bit more space, free access to spa amenities such as thalassopool, etc. supposedly upgrade in finishes plus clear glass shore doors and rain shower.

3 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

Right - I booked the oceanview cat. OK to get 2 perks and reduced airfare.  I'm ok with being able to bid on balcony or mini-suite - realized the Jewel doesn't have spa balconies - that's where I was confused.